Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday i unlocked my vectra 2.0di ls using remote key fob, but when i tried to lock it again it would not work .so i tried replacing the battery still no joy.i tried the ignition 30 second reprogram.i then resoldered the battery terminals in the fob i also checked to see if the fob was transmitting which it is.anyone any ideas thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the fob transmits at 433Mhz so i got a portable tv set that tunes to that freq then press the fob you should get a bleeping tone plus interference lines;)

·
Trisexual
2,149 Posts
Whenever I use the spare key for my astra it never locks unless i open and shut the driver's door again. Have you tried both keys?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Had problems with my fob for months, it would work when it felt like it. I read your post and tried the link to test the fob, it worked the first time so I knew it was OK, but when I tried again on joy!. I removed the battery and bent the two contacts in replaced the battery and it's been OK since.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
discovered this today when fitting a new cd stereo. the new stereo needed a permanent 12v feed for the back up memory. but the wire from the fuse board that should be the permanent feed was 0v.so i checked haynens manual wiring diagram which pointed to fuse 21 but when i looked at 21 there was no fuse. i put one in 10 amp(just to let you know the car was locked at this time) then got the 12v but i accidentlly hit the open on the key fob and the locks opened. i tried the close on the fob no joy but closing the button manualy then opening the lock with the fob worked so further investigation of the wiring diagram showed that fuse 21 is connected to the central locking i removed the fuse and tried the fob again now i could open and close the car with the fob.it leads me to believe that this is some kind of reset for the remote central locking

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have had the same problem with my car when fitting an amp and sub, what with the wiring straight to the battery for the amp though! I have tried all of the above and my central locking still doesnt lock! have you any ideas on that?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts