Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Zafira B, Design 1.9 cdti.

I've got myself a PC2-85-4 wiring adapter for my Kenwood head unit.

Tried to connect it last night and it just wouldn't power up. Checked the HU on my other car and it fired straight up!!

The cable I have has one free wire. A red one. When looking on autoleads website it says the red "fly" wire should be connected to the ignition live.

Has anybody any idea which one this is?? I can't seem to find which wire is labled ignition!!

Is this common on Zafira head unit changes???

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I want to install ASAP!!

Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
join it to the yellow wire ;)

Tried to connect to the yellow wire. Granted it now fires up, but it wont turn off. Even when the ignition is turned off?!

Is there an ignition wire I can connect to, to get a switched connection????

Anyone any other advice - please heeeellllllllpppppppp :crying_2:

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,882 Posts
Hi you should have an ISO connection in the Zafira just connect it as normal to the ISO connection on the head unit then take the head unit loom and swop the yellow and red wires around they should have bullet terminals already there for you to do it
regards
Steve

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi you should have an ISO connection in the Zafira just connect it as normal to the ISO connection on the head unit then take the head unit loom and swop the yellow and red wires around they should have bullet terminals already there for you to do it
regards
Steve
I'll go give it a go now, and let you know what happens!!

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
regards
Steve

Right........ Just been to try it using the Zaf's ISO connectors.

No luck!! I left the bullets connected Y=Y & R=R, and it powered the live feed (you here small whirring a noise for a second or so), but the HU didnot power up.

Tried ir by swapping the red & yellow, and it didn't even make the power whirr it does when perm live is connected.

Somehow it must not still be getting an ignition live feed?? Guess thats why the wiring adapter has the "fly" wire???

Any clues anyone??? Someone must have installed a head unit in a Zaf???

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,882 Posts
Hi you need the key in the right position try doing it as i said and driving the car then turn off and put the key into position one and see if the radio works not ever had a problem before so check fuses too
regards
Steve

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fuses checked, there just is no ignition live, as the std vaux head unit used canbus (i think).

The Audioleads website states that the red "fly" wire, which is a free wire needs connecting to an ignition live feed.

Only problem is, is that I dont know which wire is ignition live for the Zaf B!! :cry:

Help appreciated, as I want to do my whole install on the weekend!!

Thanks

·
aka wallop
945 Posts
either use a spare ign live feed from the fuse box,(should be at least one spare location that is wired), or take a direct feed from the ign switch itself.

you could take a switched feed from another circuit,(heater switch, fag lighter etc)...

just out of curiosity did you google,"vauxhall canbus wiring", i did;

this may be useful....
http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?t=216667

HTH

1 - 9 of 9 Posts