Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually wash the car weekly but the last couple of weeks, it's the same every year, it's dirty again within a day. I don't have time to wash the car more than once weekly, well rather it's not light any time I'm at home during the week. What I have been doing is just turning on the hose to rinse off all the dirt around the wheel arches and bottoms of the doors etc every time I've used the car. Because it's pretty much always raining it doesn't leave water marks. Does this alongside a thorough weekly wash sound like it would protect the car from the winter Road grime?
I put on a good coat of autoglym HD wax and it's still repelling water quite well. I always make sure to wash the wheel arches and rinse the undercarriage thoroughly with the hose each week.
A dirty car annoys the life out of me but it's pretty much inevitable at this time of year!

·
Team Tommy Tank!
4,415 Posts
Meh, daily gets washed once a month (and it's doing over 2k miles a month). It's protected with a good quality wax so won't do it any harm.

Lights, mirrors and plates get wiped over regularly of course.

Toys are tucked up now :)

·
Premium Member
15,829 Posts
I'll have to try & wash ours less frequently, usually try & wash them both weekly, dependent on work. Might ease off over the winter & go fortnightly. Unless there's snow on the ground. I just tend to use good products to wash & wax them with. Black (rcz), is a little more challenging, but getting the hang of that now.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
I don't wash mine very often, They are lucky if they get washed once a month but. during winter I usually hose the underside off well, and give it a hose over the top weekly to try and get the salt off.

·
Super Moderator
27,203 Posts
Try keeping a taxi clean this time of year :mad: I wash the Astra once a week , touch up any stone chips etc. One trip up the M6 & you wouldn't know I'd cleaned it .

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts
Whereas in the warmer, nicer months I will hand wash it myself at this time of year I will stick it through a machine wash, or at most jet wash it myself once a month or so.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I wash my motor weekly regardless of the weather and clean all lights and windows daily cant stand it now its cold and dark and people cant spend 5 mins to clear their windscreens properly from ice and make their lights more visible

·
Premium Member
3,632 Posts
I regularly clean my car, July each year, one bucket, cold water from a standpipe, a sponge from Tesco and maybe a bit of Auto Glym super resin polish, all in direct sunlight on a black car.

Comes up a treat

(y)

·
Mud Lover
526 Posts
Mine seems to get a bit dirty this time of year...

But I developed a very quick washing technique, so giving it a clean isn't much of a hardship.

(WARNING, turn sound down, I was near a runway!)
[video]

·
Premium Member
12,218 Posts
Well there was no need to waste my time washing my car tonight, its been raining nearly all day, it is/was flooded at the back of my house and a number of place's I've been tonight and a few I didn't see until the spray was higher than the car roof, the wheels are gleaming and the car is sparkling in the street lights.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Can't find the time or the staff to clean the car regularly these days. So just tend to do it about once a month now. I've waited purposely for the leaves to finish falling off the trees as otherwise it's just pointless. Filled half a bin bag with rubbish yesterday, the glovebox was full of leaflets and sale brochures, aswell as the odd bit of mouldy fruit and usual sweet and crisp wrappers in the door cards. Before the school run i used to enjoy cleaning it but now it takes forever to do.

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
Try keeping a taxi clean this time of year :mad: I wash the Astra once a week , touch up any stone chips etc. One trip up the M6 & you wouldn't know I'd cleaned it .
Agree with you there, mines just the same, usually do mine on a Saturday ready for the Saturday night Taxi work, soon as it rains gets covered in spray and crap from other cars, not to mention the deadbeats who leave their rubbish inside the car.

·
CavWeb Hooker
8,217 Posts
I go in fits and starts with my car washing. One minute, it's a weekly (at least) going almost full OCD - 2 bucket wash, Dodo Juice this, Chemical Guys that. Then I just fall out with it all and I don't wash either my car or the GF's car for months.

Don't think mine's been washed since August now.

·
Super Moderator
27,203 Posts
I go in fits and starts with my car washing. One minute, it's a weekly (at least) going almost full OCD - 2 bucket wash, Dodo Juice this, Chemical Guys that. Then I just fall out with it all and I don't wash either my car or the GF's car for months.

Don't think mine's been washed since August now.
Oh the shame ! Lol :D

Reactions: oberlisc
1 - 20 of 34 Posts