Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have recently got an L Reg Corsa 1.4si GLS (70k) and am having trouble seemingly everytime I go over any bumps/road repairs - upon this happening the car starts pulling/hesitating/kangarooing and I either have to take my foot off the accelerator (and ride it through) or put foot on the accelerator and depress clutch a bit to control it until it 'calms down'. Thought it was down to some dirty fuel (or water in it?) or Fuel Filter needs changing? Can anyone help me please? Also the external temperature is showing up as ------c or anything up to 68c???? Don't know if this has any bearing on what's going on or is just a sensor problem. (My helpful hubby suggests picking roads with no bumps in!!!!)

R

·
0 Posts
nice hubby! lol. bet he has a new car dont he? if u havent changed the filter get on with it should be fairly cheap given the cars age (if u had it a while it mite be due a change or if u did it recently eleiminate that maybe change oil for good measure as it only cost about 20quid ink filter). also the age leads me to belive could be electrical especialy with the temp display problem ur haveing alltho that could be nothing but a knackard sensor BUT only judgeing by what iv read about other vaux`s on here. im not a fan of electrics if u think about it elecs on NEW cars are fairly new technology,,, hence all the vectra problems people have (even new fords and mercs). good luck let us know if u find whats causing it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help - yes think first step change fuel filter, second step change oil & filter (air filter, sparks etc done already) third step (if all else fails to correct problem) MOVE to another area where they repair the roads better, lol :) Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts