Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone tow with there zafira, Just thinking cause the Mrs wants a caravan. Not my idea ......:eh

·
Premium Member
5,746 Posts
dont bother mate. some will tell you that its fine to tow X weight and size and legally they're right. realistically its an astra with a lot more weight on it in the first place. you're already asking more than the bits were originally meant for by having the bigger body so then you add a caravan, X amount of luggage and people, etc and you can imagine the rest. you'd be better towing in an Impreza TBH.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I tow a caravan (14ft) with my stock standard 2002 1.8CD. Yes, I do wish for a bit more power but I found that if I take it easy and don't rush things then she pulls fine. I should have propably opted for a 2.2 but over here in South Africa, most of the 2.2's are automatics and pricy and I don't like towing with an auto.

I also try not to tow more than 200miles. I am also thinking of getting a diesel pick up as the Zaf is my wife's car and I do not want to mess it up with the towing, but for now it will have to do.

cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts