Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have about an inch square of rust in the back wheel arch and it failed the mot for having rust 30 cm from the body work, i am going to try and fill it and hide, do you think this will work to get it through the MOT.

Also they said its ware the rear seatbelt attaches to the chasis, i dont think its dangerious, i never have people in the back as its full of equipment.

Just been bugging me so i thought i'd ask.

Thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
it will have to be cut out and re-welded.filler will not protect the mounting just cover it,it will be seen from underneath and will have to be undersealed.

good thinkin but doesnt work like that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi thanks for yuor replies.

Also does anyone know ware i can find a welder in south london / london area or how to find one :)

Oh thats abit stressing, hmmm, ok leads me to my other question can you do that DVLA SOAR thing ware you declare the car off the road over the phone and how sharp are they on fining people for no road tax ? i hear they can come and crush ya car as opposed to the £1000 fine, do i get choice on which i want ;)

or any one knows ware they might pass it, nudge nudge, wink wink, its not like the laws in this country are really fair sane or practical.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm fat lazy smoke and drink i dont think it'd be the silliest thing i could do ;)

If i get it welded, i dont see how thats going to suddenly make the car strong its just slap a plate of metal over a little hole ?

Also will i have to clean the rust out and treat or would who ever welds it do that and if not how would i do that just scrape it off and sparay somthing on it ? if so what ?

also another thing that makes me doubt it makes much difference is on the MOT under abit called advice or somthing it says ' body work has scratches' ? i mean really am i not allowed to drive a car that looks poorly, because i find my car looking like that helps alot when driving in london, people dont mess with ya so much ;)

·
Kind of a big deal......
6,540 Posts
If they failed it on rust within 30cm of a structural point, it is because in the event of an accident it will not be strong enough, and therefore could endange the lives of you, your passengers or whoever you hit.

So the solution is to get it welded so its strong enough, or scrap the car.

The MOT is there for a reason- to keep unroadworthy cars off the road, so as not to unnecasarily injure or kill people.

Have some sense- how would you feel if you bodged it and then killed a young child in an accident as a result:bust:

Get it done properly.:up:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol i am not going to argue 'meaning of life with you', if i could get it done on the sly i would, as i cant i have found a place called autoworld not far from me that look like they'll do it, if the total comes to more then £500 for the work though i will scrap it.

Thanks for yuor replies.

·
Kind of a big deal......
6,540 Posts
if i could get it done on the sly i would,
People like you should be banned from driving. If you drive a car you know is dodgy and unsafe, with a dodgy MOT, not only is your own insurance invalid, but when you do have a accident and hurt somebody, you end up increasing the rest of us responsible drivers premiums when the victim claims. Not to mention endangering other peoples lives driving around in a deathtrap.

D*ckhead:turd

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
People like you should be banned from driving. If you drive a car you know is dodgy and unsafe, with a dodgy MOT, not only is your own insurance invalid, but when you do have a accident and hurt somebody, you end up increasing the rest of us responsible drivers premiums when the victim claims. Not to mention endangering other peoples lives driving around in a deathtrap.

D*ckhead:turd
I new you'd reply that way, and my first thought is people like you are the reason world is in a state it is but i aint lowering myself to yuor level, ttfn

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.