Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Can someone tell me if our 1.8 SRi 2004 Corsa has the Traction Control and/or ESP programme's?

Thanks a bunch, Elly.
:mmmm

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
if it wheel spins when pulling off at high revs if it stops spinning then its got ESP;)
ESP is an electronic stability device. Helps to stabilise (hence the name) the car in the event of a skid by operating or releasing one or more brakes. In effect, it's a more advanced ABS but still works in conjuntion with the ABS system.

TC (traction control) is the device to help stop wheelspin on takeoff.

If the car has TC, then there will be a light on the dashboard that comes on as a check light when the ignition key is first turned.

·
Registered
240 Posts
ESP is an electronic stability device. Helps to stabilise (hence the name) the car in the event of a skid by operating or releasing one or more brakes. In effect, it's a more advanced ABS but still works in conjuntion with the ABS system.

TC (traction control) is the device to help stop wheelspin on takeoff.

If the car has TC, then there will be a light on the dashboard that comes on as a check light when the ignition key is first turned.

According to the brochure ESP incorporates traction control:Cool2:

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
Tut tut. 208 posts and no avril avatar and he already thinks he owns the place :shake

:lmao: Only playing fella :beer:
I've got 2,392, but the reason I don't have one is

1. I can't stand the pointless things :shake
2. When logged in at work, they make my pc run like a snail,

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
As far as I am aware, there should be a 'sports' button on the dash of an SRi Astra of that age, which is a quick giveaway that ESP is installed (pressing it adjusts the set up of the car). However, it is my understanding that ESP is fitted to the majority of Astras from trim level SXi (whereby no sports button is present) and above (inc. SRi). I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty damn certain you have ESP installed on your car, if it isn't installed I would be asking for my money back :lmao:

My friend has just purchased an 04 SXi Astra, and it includes ESP but no sports button.

·
Registered
240 Posts
As far as I am aware, there should be a 'sports' button on the dash of an SRi Astra of that age, which is a quick giveaway that ESP is installed (pressing it adjusts the set up of the car). However, it is my understanding that ESP is fitted to the majority of Astras from trim level SXi (whereby no sports button is present) and above (inc. SRi). I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty damn certain you have ESP installed on your car, if it isn't installed I would be asking for my money back :lmao:

My friend has just purchased an 04 SXi Astra, and it includes ESP but no sports button.

Ahh but we are not talking about an Astra we are talking about something a bit smaller:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My Dealer has said that our car, even though on a '04 plate, it doesn't have ESP, or TC.

Ah well, I'll jus have to inform the 'missus to take it easy....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts