Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vivaro 2.0 CDTI Sportive, Mazda 6 Skyactiv
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My omega has developed a slight jerk when accelerating.
Usually at low revs (1-2krpm)
Idle is fine, high revs is fine.
No fault codes present.
It feels as though its missing a cylinder but just for a split second then all is well.
I've checked all the leads are on nice and tight, changed the TPS and disabled the traction control but the problem remains.
Any ideas?

L

·
0 Posts
Had the same problem last week on the elite.
Checked all the vacuum pipes, mades sure there were no air leaks on the intake and came to the conclusion it could be a partially blocked injector.

Dropped in some cleaner to 1/4 tank and gave vigourous work through system! ;)

Now all back to normal. :)

·
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it happens mainly at low rpm, generally at about 50% throttle but sometimes it can happen if the throttle is just touched or full throttle (pedal position not rpm)

Checked all vacuums at weekend, even checked that the multiram was working.
Put some injector cleaner in on Sunday and have done over 200 miles since but still the same.

·
Cornholio
1,046 Posts
Have a feel around the egr valve and see if it's blowing atall. Although if it also happens at full throttle then that kind of rules out the egr valve....

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
My EGR blows, can see the 'soot' type material all over the header tank but no missing or anything...

Is this just the gasket? I have ordered one...

·
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tezray said:
Have a feel around the egr valve and see if it's blowing atall. Although if it also happens at full throttle then that kind of rules out the egr valve....
when you say full throttle do you mean when at low rpm but with the throttle wide open or full throttle with max rpm?

Which one is the EGR valve?

·
Cornholio
1,046 Posts
The egr valve only operates in the mid-throttle range, so if it is sticking, it'll only be noticeable in the mid-throttle position at any rpm (but it is usually most noticeable between 1500-2500rpm). If the gaskets blowing it may not feel like its 'missing', but if the egr valve is sticking it may.

Here's the best pic of the egr valve i could find. It's kind of out of shot, but you should be able to find it on your engine;

*EDIT* Sorry it's come out so rediculously small :rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts