Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Morris the Bullet Dodger
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 days and counting :cig:

So please accept my appoligies if I appear to be snappy anytime in the next 10 years

(the above does not apply to LSI) :D

·
Morris the Bullet Dodger
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
***VxON Photographer of the year 2007***
3,052 Posts
pah :lmao:

no one like a quitter :lmao:

·
Morris the Bullet Dodger
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jaw aches - been chewing nicorette minty ciggi replacement things - god I hate not smoking but already feel better for it

looking forward to the next paintball meet so I can run away quicker and not loose my breath the next time I say charge, run at the enemy position then look back and see Matt hiding behind a tree

·
member no 638
2,570 Posts
,,,getting poked by old folks:bust:

good news on the stopping smoking though,im gonna get round to stopping soon,the missus stopped 2 years ago,god she was and still is a grumpy git:Smiley_Fa

·
***VxON Photographer of the year 2007***
3,052 Posts
jaw aches - been chewing nicorette minty ciggi replacement things - god I hate not smoking but already feel better for it
good luck to ya mate :Cool2:

only prob is ya breath won't smell of smoke but all ya teeth gonna fall out :lmao:

·
Likes this.
10,836 Posts
Well done Ady :beer:

I was supposed to quit after Billing this year, but put it off for a little while instead :rolleyes:

Carol went into hospital for an operation on 20th July and she stopped then. I stopped the following Monday (23rd July), the day I brought her home. Not had one since. It's not even been three weeks yet though, and seeing as I/we managed 11 months as non-smokers a few years back and started again I'm not really going to be celebrating anything until I've hit the 12-month milestone.

I've taken up playing squash again this time though (not played for over 12 years!) so hopefully that will help keep the weight off. Last time I quit I put on over 2 stone in weight!! :shame:

·
Premium Member
3,474 Posts
I quit about 9 weeks ago. I just decided to stop one day and just went cold turkey.

I smoked about 10-15 a day for 5 years, and I didn't get moody and I haven't put on weight.

To be honest, the only benefit I've felt is to my bank balance.

·
Morris the Bullet Dodger
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I put on 2.5 stone since I quit 18 months ago, I dont feel better for it and food don't taste better.

Must be good for me somehow?!

I even started eating salads last week ffs - not good, I will now start to use my gym membership that I have been paying for the last 4 years and only attended 3 times over that period, get out BOB and get back to my old training

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
Nice one Ady :Cool2: I gave up 20 months ago, ive lost just over a stone since so not everyone puts on weight! The habit is the worst thing to break, i wanted a fag everytime i got in the car for ages but it does get easier. Maybe one day Sy might give up :rolleyes: (yeah right) :)

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
When's someone going to invent a healthy cigarette?

I know I couldn't stop. Not that I've tried as I enjoy it and dont want to stop.

You could stop then get hit my a bus the next day. Lifes too short to worry.
Puff away people. You know you want to.....

Makes ye look cool also..... Honest./

·
Cannonball will win with or without you
8,417 Posts
Cheers , I'm off to have a nice Amber Leaf roll up with filter tip now :cool:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts