Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Trisexual
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran over a kerb today on the way to PC world at 50MPH. The tyre was in shreds, and the front alloy was buckled. Also, the fromt now sits a lot lower than the rear, with the right side slightly more down than the left. Is this going to be expensive, as I've had so much trouble work are thinking of letting me have another car.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Get the geometry checked. You could have bent something, a suspension arm, leg or even a chassis rail.
Most likely you broke the spring, the bottom half coil snaps off, you can see it in the bottom of the spring pan.

·
Are Your Buffalo Wings Spicy?
971 Posts
You may be lucky and its just the lower arm which has buckled. You may be unlucky, and it has taken the chassis with it. If this is the case, you'll need to stick the car on a jig and get it straightened. If its just the lower arm, its a 30-40minute job.

·
Trisexual
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So how did you manage to hit a curb at 50 mph then?

I've been driving 15 years and never done it.

Steve
Someone pulled out from a turning on the left and I had to swerve to avoid hitting them, then I hit the kerb around the salt and pepper stands.

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
Someone pulled out from a turning on the left and I had to swerve to avoid hitting them,
Bit late now, but if it's a toss up between hitting someone (when it's their fault) and swerving to miss them and potentially hitting someone / thing else, always run into the guilty party.

scotty0409 said:
then I hit the kerb around the salt and pepper stands.
Just goes to prove that salt is bad for you:lmao:
I take it you didn't pay the other driver and condiments as to their driving:lmao:

·
Sexy Saloon
1,548 Posts
More than likely a lower arm, there design for stability but at the same time designes to fold up in such events to take strain of chassis's and crap.

·
Fat stig!!!
1,442 Posts
More than likely a lower arm, there design for stability but at the same time designes to fold up in such events to take strain of chassis's and crap.

Just a suggestion fit corsa bottom arms (if that whats bent) they seem to be hardrer they have an extra plate on the bottom
!:p

·
Premium Member
7,262 Posts
Bit late now, but if it's a toss up between hitting someone (when it's their fault) and swerving to miss them and potentially hitting someone / thing else, always run into the guilty party.

Just goes to prove that salt is bad for you:lmao:
I take it you didn't pay the other driver and condiments as to their driving:lmao:
thats my rule as well , someone pulls out & to avoid means i might hit something else i would go for them every time , as the boy in the micra found out last year , he pulled out in front of me on a mini roundabout & to avoid him i could have hit the traffic island , so i hit the brakes & then hit him.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts