Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriends Y reg Corsa Expression has a very annoying fault. When the weather is wet sometimes while driving along the handbrake warning light gives one flash, the speedo, rev counter, clock, mileometer and indicator beeper stop working.........and what is worse the next time the engine is switched off it will not start, just runs for a second or 2 then dies when cranked.

Sometimes it just resets itself but last time the RAC guy disconnected the battery, switched on the ignition and left it for 10 mins reconnected and Bingo!.

Any ideas??

P.S.

When the ignition is switched on while this fault is happening the only dashboard lights are the airbag (which goes out) and the oil light.

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
there was a fault in the corsa-C's with the speedo heads, and vauxhall fix this free of charge i think. about the cutting out tho, i would say that this is more ECU related, perhaps a trip to a vauxhall garage to get some fault codes read might not be a bas idea. welcome to VxON by the way. im sure someone on here will be able to shed some light on this!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

The fault is all one. It happens then goes away all together. What is the common speedo head fault that you mentioned????

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
roadster said:
Thanks!

The fault is all one. It happens then goes away all together. What is the common speedo head fault that you mentioned????
they just stop working, however i have seen it a couple of times, and never has it stopped the car too. that is y i thought it was something else. spraying electrics/ plug leads etc will do nothing i wouldnt have thought, water is obviously getting into something. what tho i dunno, not much help i know. rly needs a computer i think.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
i had water getting onto the connecter for the fan in my old calibra and that would make it cut out, wd40 inside it and taped it up and never had the problem again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts