Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Kind of a big deal......
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After months of talking about it, my new project has finally arrived on my driveway :cool:

Me and my dad hired a car transporter trailer and went down to Billingshurst in West Sussex to pick it up. It originally belonged to my grandmother until she passed away a few years ago and my dad aquired it. He tends to prefer bigger cars these days, so it was loaned to his girlfriends mum to use, on the condition she looked after it, had it serviced every so often etc etc.

Guess what she didn't do lol!! It runs for about 60 seconds but sounds like a bag of nails, clickety clackety clack bang boom etc etc!!!!! Then it overheats!

Anyway its a N reg Astra 1.4 LS estate, in dire need of a valet and some tlc, but will be pretty tidy after that, and I'm going to leave it looking almost standard (Cav GSI wheels and lowered a bit) and fit the SEH and F16CR from my recently departed SRI, along with the matching brakes. Also I plan to renew anything in the suspension/drivetrain that looks at all worn, give the engine a good going over and get me a nice practical daily driver with a bit of poke :cool:

The only problem upto now is my Dad hinting he might like it back after I've done it lol:bust:

So what do we reckon then folks?

·
Kind of a big deal......
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HE HE!!! This badge is staying put ;)

Check out the mileage!

Interior is mint- ashtrays never used, seats are like new!

Load cover still intact!!

·
Kind of a big deal......
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers Paul! Should be decent once its done. I'll be asking all the NW VxON boys round for a day once I have an engine hoist to help with the swapover ;)

·
Kind of a big deal......
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah Goonas has offered me his old ones, but I'm now thinking I shouldn't scrimp and just buy a proper kit for it.......

We will see how the cash flow goes lol!!!!

·
Kind of a big deal......
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry dude, didn't tell anyone as we wanted to keep moving- you can only drive at 50mph when towing and it took us 13 hours as it was :eh

I'll be down that way again soon enough no doubt, and I'll meet you southern lot for a pint ;)

@ Stephen, kind of a sleeper yeah, not mega quick but an SEH in a Astra should move fairly well......

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Will be a laugh when its finished Trav :Cool2:

·
Kind of a big deal......
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah it just needs a fecking good clean, some polish wouldn't go amiss, the driver arch is just starting to show signs and there is the odd bump and scrape but what do you expect lol! Its in pretty good nick aside from the engine, I want to somehow try jetwashing the floorpan as its spent much of its life on singletrack country bumpkin inbred roads and is crusted in mud and crap!

ATEOTD the odd scrape and scab just adds to the appeal really!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.