Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where to a find a sim card to use integrated phone in omega 2.5i cdx operating system is phillips ccrt 700

·
Registered
782 Posts
You can use a contract sim or a pay as you go sim but would be better to just buy a payg sim and leave it in there

L

·
0 Posts
Drop a PM to C3MKY or Blotto, I think they have some sims for sale, very cheap.:)

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
A pay as you go SIM can be got from the Vodafone website for £2 and you get something like £3 worth of calls free.

·
Banned
221 Posts
Joe,
If you want to hang on for a couple of days.
I, yesterday, ordered a vodaphone PAYG simcard for £2. Should be with me tomorrow. I have the phillips ccrt 700 in my elite.
I'll let you know if it works.
Ross

·
Registered
99 Posts
yea i ordered free Sims from the vodafone site the other day, Sim arrived Wednesday and works fine in my omega, I've put £5.00 worth of credit on it and set my contract phone to divert to the PAYG sim, that way i keep my tel number, if i need to make calls when driving i can use the payg or stop and use my contract phone, saves messing about taking the Sims in and out... if you haven't got the manual showing how to put Sim in and set up. pm me and i'll scan and email it to you but its easy just put Sim in and turn on the phone in my case, although sometimes you have to put a pin number in.
all the best
eamonn

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sim card

rossphim said:
Joe,
If you want to hang on for a couple of days.
I, yesterday, ordered a vodaphone PAYG simcard for £2. Should be with me tomorrow. I have the phillips ccrt 700 in my elite.
I'll let you know if it works.
Ross
.................thanks look forward to hearing from u

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ccrt700

Hi i am now the proud owner of a 2.0 16v cdx saloon with full leatehr interiror etc- it has a ccrt700 radio with integrated phone built into it.
It doesnt pick up any networks- i have since found out that in the boot there should be a box that i think amplififes the phone signal- as there are phone aeriel connectors located there- does anyone know the name/part number of this box- what it actually is and if i can get a replacement?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
206 Posts
I think your referring to the GPS control unit in the left side of the boot near the spare wheel. I assume you have an empty holder with the leads left dangling. This unit is for the Sat Nav where fitted. The amplifier for the phone aerial is I believe build into its base. Maybe this has failed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
markrl- thanks im looking at a complete carin system on ebay that i will probably buy- seems the antennae must be goofed then- i get the no-network thing - i may look at using a tax disk aeriel -i took the car down to the local mobile shop they seem to think they have an aeriel that will fit

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
eamonnschevy you might want to double check the charges on call diverting.

With Vodafone if you divert from one mobile to other they kindly charge you for the diversion call. So someone phones you and it gets diverted: the person calling you pays for one call and you pay for another!

You could check by getting the balance on your PAYG and setting the divert up the other way round. Make a call to the PAYG then re-check your credit.

·
Registered
99 Posts
JasonH said:
eamonnschevy you might want to double check the charges on call diverting.

With Vodafone if you divert from one mobile to other they kindly charge you for the diversion call. So someone phones you and it gets diverted: the person calling you pays for one call and you pay for another!

You could check by getting the balance on your PAYG and setting the divert up the other way round. Make a call to the PAYG then re-check your credit.
thanks for the heads up on that Jason... i get 400 free minutes per month but i use them up most months
i think i'll just put a message on my contract phones answer machine when I'm in the omega telling folks about the other number.
cheers mate yer might have saved me a fortune lol i took my laptop on Holiday last year and hooked up to the internet via the blue tooth modem got a bill for £260 on top of me regular bill wont be doing that in a hurry again lol

eamonn

·
Registered
260 Posts
It's part of the Phillips ccrt700 radio - cd & cassette, radio & phone.
Standard on Elite models not sure what other models had it fitted as standard

1 - 20 of 21 Posts