Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
another question for ya peeps i've got a td cav and need to replace the turbo and was asked if its an isuzu engine or gm how would you find this out, maybe a dumb question but im no god with cars!! thanx all
:grrr

·
VxONs Turk
2,525 Posts
I think the Turbo Diesels are Isuzu's but I am not 100% sure. This is a bump anyway because I know theres loads of TDs running on this site and they DO know :up:

·
CavWebs Thin lizzy Dude
599 Posts
Both Vaux & GM do Turbo's, the Isuzu lump has the word 'TURBO' on the rocker cover, I don't think the GM on has, can not be 100% certain though at this time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got ya mine does have in big red letters the word "TURBO" on top of the engine but will have to see if someone knows for certain as i dont want to buy a part and it be wrong!!

·
Kind of a big deal......
6,540 Posts
stretch79 said:
i got ya mine does have in big red letters the word "TURBO" on top of the engine but will have to see if someone knows for certain as i dont want to buy a part and it be wrong!!
Yep, yours is definately Isuzu matey:Cool2:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
def?? sounds promising would it be worth phoning up vauxhall and asking them with my chassis number etc?? but if your sure then spot on bring back the ferrari in td clothes :cool: :bananasmi :eh

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ah i see presume you mean on the engine block on the top underneath the big lump of silver metal saying turbo??

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah that looks the same as mine although i've got a big metal box as opposed to your black one although i dont think it makes a difference, am getting another turbo from scrappy costing £70 so cant be all bad!!

but thanx anyway everyone for your help!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Isuzu engine is one of the best diesels around. The later GM one, as found in vectras from 1997 onwards is a bit crap, so dont be too quick to part with your izuzu lump.
Jim

·
A tired Vxon user
1,961 Posts
sir_bombalong said:
thats weird sounds like you have a corsa td inlet manifold??? you are talkin about the black box jus behind the rocker cover??:mmmm
Was thinking the same thing myself :think

·
A tired Vxon user
1,961 Posts
Is it like this..

·
Gas Powered
15,285 Posts
hallamj said:
The Isuzu engine is one of the best diesels around. The later GM one, as found in vectras from 1997 onwards is a bit crap, so dont be too quick to part with your izuzu lump.
Jim

the Vectra used the Isuzu same as the Cav!

The GM engines were only used in Astras.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
as to the pic up above from paul td its similar layout but the silver bit where to air filter meets the turbo filter is a bit different its flat not like your one, does this make any difference??

·
A tired Vxon user
1,961 Posts
stretch79 said:
as to the pic up above from paul td its similar layout but the silver bit where to air filter meets the turbo filter is a bit different its flat not like your one, does this make any difference??
Do you mean the pipe as pointed out in the pic?

That's not standard, yours should be black. That's a pic of the Isuzu engine in the Astra. It looks like your cav has had an engine transplant in the past.

Can you post a pic of your engine up.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts