Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am having a small issue with my Meriva It seem to work fine in general at low speeds and high speeds or maybe not as noticeable.
but when Im traveling somewhere between 40mph and 60mph and my accelerator pedal is press just a bit I would say about 10%ish. which just about holds the speed or ever so slightly increases it. the car seems to jerk as if i am pressing the accelerator and then letting go constantly. If I press the accelerator futher down it seems to be fine. the car has sufficient power and can reach high speeds if needed so Im guessing nothing is clogged or leaking or whatever.
when the fault is happening somtimes I hear a what sounds like a little slurping noise but not always.
I wondered if anyone could give me an idea. I was thinking the accelerator position sensor as it is only at that point but not too sure as I tried to hold the revs at a standstill in neutral and seems to control it fine and hold at all revs.
no codes when hooked up to reader and no lights on dash
thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
3,518 Posts
The first thing I would do is change the fuel filter.
What engine is this?
What are you reading the codes with?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The first thing I would do is change the fuel filter.
What engine is this?
What are you reading the codes with?
Thank you for this reply I will do this and get back to this post.
I have personally used an AUTEL odb2 reader and when I got the clutch done (which the problem was happening before this) he used obviously something more advanced.
I have just ordered the fuel filter and will get back to you either way.
thanks so much for your help so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts