Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i'm trying to fit a new stereo to my pride and joy cause me astra has a tape player fitted and not a cd player. Unfortuartly the iso connector is different to the one i want connect to my kenwood unit. My kenwood radio has all of the wires labelled coming from its connector. My iso connector for the astra is in 3 sections. the top section has a 10 pin connector (but with only 4 pins wired), second connecter has 8 pins (all wired) and third connector has 8 pins (only six wired). I have a feeling that this is not the original iso connector vauxhal supply with their cars becuase i have noticed some of the wires have been chopped. The current radio is probably meant for an Alfa romao as it is badged in that name. I have looked in my Haynes manual but it doen't explain what and where the wires belong. Ant help would be well appriciated.
Many thanks
Richard.

·
half the lies people tell arn't true
398 Posts
iso connectors are not at the rear of kenwood stereos, they have their own style from which wires then lead to a female iso connector. From the car you should have two very similar looking blocks 9apart from one has a connecting sleeve in the middle the other at the top) theya re both equipped to take 8 pins, so it sounds like you do have iso connectors. the 8 pin connector with 8 wires is your speaker connector, the one with 6 power, etc. the e=10 pin is your figital display which you wont be using.

sounds like you need a new kenwood loom or a female iso loom (abouy a tenner from halfords) which you can put on the kenwood loom.

the other option is take off the connector from the car and splice the wires, connect them straight to the kenwood unit.

check out my website under my name for some illustrated instructions

if youre stuck use the "contact" link and i'll give you any adice you need. some pics would help

1 - 2 of 2 Posts