Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
greetins 1 and all,I am looken 2 buy a corsa ,i have looked at 5 this weekend 1.2 sx 02/03 plate,between 50-70K,and when i took the oil filler cap off they all had what looked like cappuccuno all over it,what is cousing this .I thought it was water in the oil from a failing head gasket or seal on water pump.if you can shed some lite it would be mutch appreciated.thnx carloss cheka:think

·
Registered
104 Posts
Too many short stop start runs for this vehicle, its not had a very good run for a long time, this residue is caused by moisture inside the crankcase emulsifying with the engine oil. The moisture should'nt be there, as it should evaporate when the engine fully warms up (e.i.) On a good motorway run, but in this case as its only been used for very short trips and moisture build up inside the crankcase. Is the dipstick oil clear? or is it the same cappuccino color/consistensy? If so then the head gasket may have gone, if this is the case, steer clear of that car.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The original poster says he looked at 5 car's, and they ALL had cappucino flavoured oil.....
Coincidence? If you're in a city, chances are they are runaround cars for picking kids up from school, shopping seeing family etc. Either that or these cars have had their nuts revved off with them being 'sxi' models (sportier versions, who drives a sport version like and old woman?)

either way none should have a cappuccino brewing under the oil cap..mmmmmm cappuccino! :p

·
Can't beat an 1.6 8v
564 Posts
i don't know about the 1.2 engine here, but on the 1.6 8v astra engine that is quite normal to be on the filler cap, even after long runs because of the poor circulation/design

·
Registered
104 Posts
i don't know about the 1.2 engine here, but on the 1.6 8v astra engine that is quite normal to be on the filler cap, even after long runs because of the poor circulation/design
My previous car was a 1.2 8 valve, they are seriously over cooled, and it had once or twice got this build up on the oil filler cap, so yes its possible. Haha all the short runs, 4 miles (2 there and 2 back) to and from my fiances house! haha women!

·
Foldy roll
2001 Vauxhall Vectra SRi150 2.2 16V hatchback
16,919 Posts
A little white goo from condensation can be normal and not to be overly concerned about.

Not saying that's what the o/p is seeing but. . . . . . .

·
Yawn.
2016 Focus ST-3 & 2021 Hyundai i20N
13,813 Posts
It happens if the car is Laid Up aswell - My Corsa hadn't been started for 2 weeks, and when i was checking it over earlier, it had a little goop on the Oil Cap (and it doesn't have any HG Issues...)

Also my Cavalier that hasn't run for months has the same Cappucino like goop in the Filler

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.