Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an M Reg Cav SRi-16v with the original alloys on it (6 spoke curved).
You only see them on this late model and some Astra's i believe ?

Anyhow ,the car's getting to the end of it's life, it might manage one more summer so I will end up trading it in later in the year and probably be lucky to get a couple of hundred quid for it?
Is it worth sourcing some steel wheels from the scrappy and keeping hold of the Alloys ? I don't think they fit anything modern now, only the old Cav's, Astra's etc - is there a market for them ?

·
CavWeb's Oldguy
4,816 Posts
markcav2001 said:
I've got an M Reg Cav SRi-16v with the original alloys on it (6 spoke curved).
You only see them on this late model and some Astra's i believe ?

Anyhow ,the car's getting to the end of it's life, it might manage one more summer so I will end up trading it in later in the year and probably be lucky to get a couple of hundred quid for it?
Is it worth sourcing some steel wheels from the scrappy and keeping hold of the Alloys ? I don't think they fit anything modern now, only the old Cav's, Astra's etc - is there a market for them ?
Are they the 6 spoke 'Cesaro' wheels? If so there is a ready market for them.:Cool2:

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
Alot of people are after these at the minute- I bought a set last Tuesday in black without centre caps or tyres for £40 then sold them yesterday for £100

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
Loads of life left in it yet

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
keep them!! i wouldnt trade it in, try selling it privately, you might get more for it! if the rest of the car is as good as the arches appear to be, you might be surprised what you can get imo

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the bobywork has always been in good nick but it's got 165k on the clock now(ive done 100k of them). Ive had a few of the electrics go recently, DIS unit, fuel pump, some sensors and fuel tank, so ive spend a few quid in last 18months. I'm going to run it until next MOT (Nov) and then see what state it's in. There's a couple of jobs needing doing, clutch has been on it's way out for 5 years!!, wheel bearings clicking and a few other bits.
Her indoors wants me to get shut and get something a bit more reliable !!

Thank for the advice on the wheels, sounds like there worth more than the car !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts