Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
**VxON Photographer of the year 2008***
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do facelift headlights just look rubbish.

was looking at some photos of facelift vs prefacelift lights.. and its not so much that the facelift lights dont look nice.. its that they dont even remotely line up with the edge of the metal under them.

they sit proud sometimes almost 5mm out.

i look at pre-facelift lights and its a lovely tight fit clean against the lines of the car.. same with the grille.

its enough to make me wants to go GSI look on the front of me cav.

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
As per PM, its just the glass thats different:) So a dead easy swap if you wanted to change. Obviously, pre-FL indiactors, and gsil grill would need to be fitted too.:up:

·
Banned
14,579 Posts
I suppose they could have modified the front panel to protrude out more but that would mean modified front wings etc so the only thing possible was to have the bottom bit sticking out.

Never actually hit me that it was a bodge but i think your right

·
Premium Member
5,296 Posts
i was thinking of putting pre-facelift lights/inidcators and grille on mine but cant decide either way and fitting a gsi front bumper as well

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
As per pm mate. 1 x Facelift indicator. You can clearly see the angle of the lense cover which matches the profile of the facelift headlight glass..

This thread could do with moving to Cavalier related.

·
22,199 Posts
I presume you mean on Cav's?...remember this isnt just a Cav/Calibra site anymore.

I prefer the facelift light set-up on Cavalier's...much more modern.

·
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MadOnVaux! said:
Ive never had a problem with the headlights fitting, and ive had 3 Cav's, all facelift.
oh they fit.. but look at the bottom edge... it sticks out about 4-5mm on all facelift cavs... the grille sits proud of the edge of the panel too.

all looks very ill fitting if you get up really close.

·
Premium Member
5,296 Posts
shrink said:
is there a point somewhere in that comment.. cos im confused? lol :D
i wanted to now if its a straight replacement between gsi and facelift bumpers
edit
the swear filter keeps blocking the s.w.o.p word

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Do you want me to photgraph the two headlight glasses on their own next to each other so you can see the difference in profile, and thickness.?

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Obsesed man!! I dident like the GSI flat ones, and swaped them for facelift, you see the GSI lights look too flat for my likeing, and they chip more easly due to the flat face.... that reminds me i need the facelift indacators!

·
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
there is that perspective of course..... but that tiny bevel is hardly a night and day change...it would be interesting to see a photo of GSI lights from just underneath when fitted to a car.. just to see how closely they line up with the panelwork.

and whitebullet... the GSI front bumper is a straight change onto.. and the rear bumper will fit any cav saloon.. but not hatchbacks.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts