Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Hoping someone can help. I've had my car about a year, and 3 weeks ago, I came out one morning to go to work, and it just wouldn't start. It made a half hearted attempt, then nothing. Every time I turned the key, it just clicked. A neighbour gave me a jump start, I drove 20 miles to work, and it was fine when I came out that night. I had left my phone charger plugged in overnight, so I put it down to that and forgot about it.
Then a week ago, I came out of work (it had been sitting for around 6 hours) and it did the exact same thing again. Again, a jump got it going instantly. I drove the 20 miles home, and took it to Halfords for a battery check. They said it was fine, no problem with the battery.
No problems for a week, and then today it has done it again. Same scenario. Jump start to get going, drove 5 minutes, and it started no problem after that.
Does anyone have any ideas please?

·
13,369 Posts
Failing alternator?
Halfrauds do a free charging system check.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Personally I would be replacing the battery regardless.
The fact that it's starting from another battery (jump) pretty much confirms it.
You seem to be having issues when it's been left a few hours.
When you took it to Halfords for a check it had been charged on the drive there therefore passing the test.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.