Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Recently bought a 2.5 V6 omega. Nice love the drive, however i have noticed that the indicators have today become intermittent. Sometimes they work, other times nothing, the hazards work fine, so am i right it could be the indicator stalk or is it a relay or fuse.

All help appreciated.

Pompey69

R

·
0 Posts
Having read this I have asked my son to go out and check mine.

Ok son, try the left one. 'Its on. No its off. No its back on again. Now its off again. Hang on, yes its on.........'

Sorry, couldn't resist.:lmao:

R

·
0 Posts
Sorry.:shame:

OK, if the hazzards are working I would look towards the stalk rather than the ruses/relays. If you had a dodgy bulb that can have strange effects on indiucators, making some go faster etc.

Move the stalk up and down a few dozen times. If there is minor corrosion on the contacts that should do the job.

How is the headlamp flash/dip/main? Any problems there? Could also be the plug if they are also dodgy. Easy enough to access.

BE CAREFUL. Don't play around with the wiring near the airbag or its loom. If you do work in there get yourself where you cannot be hit by the airbag in case you do trigger it. Seriously, it can kill.

I still think wiggling the stalk left and right 50 or so times will do the job. At worst a new stalk from fleabay is only about a tenner.

Hope this helps a bit more than my last answer.:Cool2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts