Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I'm new to the site and vans in general, recently purchased a 1.9 2003 vivaro in the process of making it into a Camper van.
Iv got an annoying problem where by the van drives great most of the time but every now and then seams to be at night (might be coincidence) as soon as I start to drive the van it feels down on power and I have to really work to get it up to 60 at this point the glow plug and sqiggley light will come on and it goes into limp mode and starts to decelerate I quickly switch the van off and on and the van will reset back to just being driverble just low on power after this has happened 3-4 times over a 5 mile distance the van is back to 100% and driving great loads of power etc. it's very odd. Iv cleaned Maf and egr also a full service. I have tryed to read any code but non are found.

Any ideas?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
Sounds very typical MAF failure, without live diagnostic it can be difficult to say, but cleaning rarely helps.

If it is that a genuine Siemens replacement is the only fix.

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
A free thing to check is the small rubber pipe going in to the manifold next to the EGR. Take the big intake hose off and feel in where the small pipe is. If it is clogged or leaking it can disable the turbo intermittently.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is that the small one at the back? I have cleared this out with a drill bit and made sure the pipe is clear. The MAF does seam to be a main issue with them, or the boost solenoid is there a way to check before buying a new one?
Thanks so far.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Little update the van has been used very little but want to get it sorted for the warmer weather. Its been sending the odd thick cloud of black smoke out every few days. The intercooler pipes have slightly more oil in than expect and there is also oil around the egr gasket leaking out? Is this normal or a suspect turbo?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts