Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
VxONs Turk
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to buy a seat kit for my SRi? The drivers seat is a squeeky old thing. Im wondering what I should do. Could I get a kit for it? Or should I take it to a place that will referb the seat and give the interior a damn good clean? How much will it cost for this?

Obviously I dont want to spend a crazy amount. Just want the interior nice and sound. All other seats and parts are fine, its just the drivers that will need a refurb. Plus a valet for the whole interior would be useful

All help and info appreciated :up:

·
Premium Member
31,460 Posts
Probably easier to replace the drivers seat?

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
C3MKY said:
Probably easier to replace the drivers seat?
Yeah I agree.

As for cleaning the interior though I bought £15 worth of stuff from Wilkos and Hallfords and cleaned the interior right up when I got the SRi, came out like this....

Excuse the muddy mats, they are gone now :lmao:

·
VxONs Turk
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LSI said:
Yeah I agree.

As for cleaning the interior though I bought £15 worth of stuff from Wilkos and Hallfords and cleaned the interior right up when I got the SRi, came out like this....

Excuse the muddy mats, they are gone now :lmao:
@ Micky! Hard to find them dude.

Mate give me your drivers seat :D

Im not too worried about the cleaning because its all in good shape, just want rid of the noise on my seat. Its so irritating and makes the car sound shat!

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
I'll be getting Turbo leather when the car is on the road and I can afford it, if you still havent got a replacement by say October (when I should have the leather by then) you can have it for pennies mate

·
VxONs Turk
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I think its both. If I twist the back it makes noise and if I lower the height of the seat enough it makes noise. The material is quite shagged up too. The base has faded a lot and the drivers bolster (as you come in) is torn and the fibres are visible. Not very nice when you consider the literally immaculate condition the rest of the interior and exterior is.

·
VxONs Turk
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LSI said:
I'll be getting Turbo leather when the car is on the road and I can afford it, if you still havent got a replacement by say October (when I should have the leather by then) you can have it for pennies mate
Sweet! :Cool2: :Cool2: :Cool2: :Cool2:

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
CavHopper said:
Get some leather in your life!
Trouble is there is more demand for Turbo leather than there is it available, hence why its so expensive, and for an SRi CDX leather just wont do, I need the bolster support personally.

·
VxONs Turk
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CavHopper said:
Get some leather in your life!
Well it would be nice to get the interior refurbed with grey leather and cloth down the middle of the seats. Buying Cav Turbo leathers would mean changing the dash and other panels. Black leather seats wouldnt go with a grey dash and panels. Can't afford that at the mo. I like the interior anyway, so dont really want to get rid of it.

·
Kind of a big deal......
6,540 Posts
MoonAndStar said:
No I haven't :eh
That should cure the squeeking. Then as dan says find a mint passenger seat of the same trim, and swap the bases over. You can swap the cover on the backrest too, to keep the lumber adjusters on the right hand side.:Cool2: You just have to sew up the old holes on the left hand side. Job jobbed.

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
CavHopper said:
Turbo leather rear bench wont fit anyway, so you will need dippy rears and turbo fronts. Expensive!
Aye because its a hatch an non IRS, Ive got no worries getting the rear bench though ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts