Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I cannot get the interior light and boot light to work in in my N reg Astra. Have checked the switches and fuses but there appears to be no live feed when I have checked with a meter. I dont have a wirering diagrame to hand. If someone could tell me where theses lights get there feed from I may be able to isolate the problem. According to the owners handbook it is on the same fuse as the radio and clock but these work fine. Not a big problem but annoying in a dark car park. Thanks for any suggestions . Adrian.:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have got a smilar problem with my 1.7TD astra estate N reg, Interior light does not work either by the doors or by the switch, bulb is fine and when I touch the ground side of the bulb to a wired connected to the car body work it lights, so I gues all of the switching for the light is doen through the ground wire with a permanent live to the light itself, I assume there must be a join somewhere where all of the ground wires from each door switch etc join to the ground cable from the light?! If you get any luck let me know its something I really need sorting!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I could be wrong but i think there is a permanent live feed from the battery to the door switch then upto the interior light. Try taking the switch off and see if theres power there. If so make sure all the contacts are good on the door switch. Thats as much as i can help you with sorry.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Ive just been fitting illuminated grab handles in the rear of my astra mk3 and the wiring was a little odd. Youre right in saying there is a permanent feed to the interior light and the switching is done through the earth. I think the earths may be the actual door switch itself have you tried removing and cleaning them up. Hope that works.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your comments, the switching is definitely via the earth door switches which I have checked. There apears to be no live feed.It must draw power from somewhere but the fuse the hand book says feeds it is OK. My guess is that there must be a connecter somewhere, but where? It is'nt a big enough problem to rip the dash out but if I could find out where the connection is I might have a chance. Thanks again for your help, Adrian

·
Registered
227 Posts
According to my haynes manual the only thing between fuse 24 and the interior and boot light is a connector of some sort, doesnt say where though sorry.

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
I could be wrong but i think there is a permanent live feed from the battery to the door switch then upto the interior light.
Fraid you are. Permanant live feed to the light itself (through a fuse in the fuse box) and the door pins switch the earth on.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yep sorry about that.I realised my mistake but i couldnt figure out how to delete message after it had been posted, sorry for any confusion.

·
Premium Member
7,262 Posts
you could connect a wire to one of the front door switches & connect it into the interior light , then see if it all works , if the break in the circuit is after where all the switches connect into one then this should work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts