Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice, some pointers & general instructions on how 2 do this. Basically I posted a thread a while ago about the OBD2 software available on ebay & was urged to buy & do everyone in VXON a favour & check it out, well I bought it, funny thing is I aint sure what the hell I'm meant to do with it all. I was sold by the advert of just plugging in the OBD2 cable to your comp & away you go, not the case though I think, I do believe you need an Interface cable or the comp can be damagaed. Whats the truth about OBD2 cables, Interface cables & the software.
This is a list of some of the progs on disc, Vag-Com 409, Scantool v1.6 for Elmscan, Opel KM Calibration by Gopel, Opeltech 2, Op-tech 2, Pro-scan v5.0, Digimoto v3 + v4.03, chiptuning program, Radio Decode v1.51 & a whole load of tuning files both original & pre-defined & various other programs.

Can someone tell me in non tech talk what I do need to connect this laptop to my motor??

I did try uploading the files on the disc to :msn:skydrive but they dont upload folders & theres way to many files to do it that way so that anyone could help themselves, if you want a copy to try out email me, stick a blank disc in the post & I'll burn a copy. All help & pointers would be very much appreciated.!!

·
Registered
301 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It basically covers a whole range of motors not just vauxhall, I have spotted vectra 96 & others including astra, various years but there all just file names & I aint no computer buff!!

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
don't mix any software up with the interface that comes with the opcom as it will make the interface useless by mixing the firmware up inside

just use the software supplied with the opcom interface

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
you should have just bought one of these
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OPCOM-OP-COM-...14&_trkparms=72:1299|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

i don't have a clue about what your doing as i'm a simpalton when it comes to computers,lol

i just bought that ,put the disc in the laptop,loaded the info and drivers and plugged the interface into the car and the laptop and it works a treat.

thats the one I got and it works a treat. I reset my air bag light last night after using to find the fault with the wiring under the drivers seat. I've also got vag-com, but haven't used it yet

·
Former VxON Number 717.......
1,145 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.