Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a JVC head unit from my last car which I want to put into an 03 reg astra 1.7DTi. I want to know if it's possible to keep the dash display for identifying the radio station when I install the new radio??

·
Registered
240 Posts
I don't think it is possible because it's the radio displaying the stations not the car, you can keep the steering wheel controls (if it's got any) if there is a jack plug on the back of the stereo for a joystick

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The model of the head unit is KD-G701 and it's made by JVC. I was talking to one of the guys in Halfords today and he said that it wouldn't be possible without cutting into the loom and I don't wnat the radio that much!!
I remember hearing somewhere once that some of the Alpine head units car keep the dash display. Has anyone heard that as well

·
Registered
27 Posts
i am yet to come accross a stereo that keeps the display m8, there mite be some out there but i havent heard of any keep us informed if you find one that does

·
Are Your Buffalo Wings Spicy?
971 Posts
I concur with Chris. I know most Sony headunits have te Joystick Jack on the back to keep the steering wheel controls, as do many other makes.

I havent seen a Head Unit that will keep the Dash Display.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
The only way to keep the display and/or continue using the remote controls is with adaptors.

However, not all headunits output the required data, especially the older ones.

E-mail JVC and see wahr they say.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts