Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I hope someone will find this post useful. I have just installed both a Canbus Alarm and a Parrot hands free kit to my 2007 Astra Van I recently bought. I was used to doing this sort of work with older vehicles before the canbus days which is usually relatively easy, but this astra van was a headscratcher!
There is some threads on fitting an alarm to an Astra H, but no real solutions that I found to work.

I bought a Falcon Predator Canbus alarm from eBay for £45, not a bad alarm for the price.

First things first, the wiring.

The falcon will work with almost all cars with a canbus system, this alarm has 2 wiring configurations of either single wire canbus or twin wire canbus. For the Astra H select the single wire configuration.

Even though Canbus wiring runs through most of the car don't think you can just tap off any CAN-H you find, it wont work. The only one I found to work was on the 102 way connector behind the passenger side kick panel. 0.5mm Solid Green Wire, Pin 50.

So connect your alarms Can High to the green wire on the 102 way connector, connect your alarms Can Low to Ground 'car body'. If you are fitting a Falcon Predator to an Astra H, the car programming code is 97. Falcon don't supply their alarms with a list of car codes for some reason.

All you need to connect up to the alarm is power (-/+) and Canbus.

You do not need to connect up indicator/flasher outputs to the car, flashers work fine through canbus
You do not necessarily need to wire up the ignition isolating relay, but you could as a fail-safe. The alarm will prevent engine start through canbus.

I found the best location for equipment was behind the glovebox. Its easy to remove, there is plenty of space behind it and you can feed your siren cable into the engine bay quite easily from here.

Parrot Hands Free!

Installing it was not much of a problem, apart from I didn't have an ignition live to connect to at first.
I did find one fairly close to the radio in the end, fan heater control panel underneath the radio.
Pop it out and use the big red wire, it switches on ignition. Make sure you fit an inline fuse if you are using this connection! I got an inline fuse holder for £2.40 from Maplins and fit a 1amp quick blow fuse.

Like I said, hope this helps.

Dan

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you very good advice I have a zafira b 2011 and they are the same as a Astra h just to confirm because I am fitting the same alarm did you fit the alarm canbus high to the green wire could you give me a idea where the green wire is maybe a photo please thanks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
(Quote!!) Even though Canbus wiring runs through most of the car don't think you can just tap off any CAN-H you find, it wont work. The only one I found to work was on the 102 way connector behind the passenger side kick panel. 0.5mm Solid Green Wire, Pin 50.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have Pandora Mini BT instaled on my Astra H. After few hours the car entering in sleep mode. How I can awake the CIM module for dissarming and unlock the doors?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.