Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a corsa b merit and there is no cigarette lighter, have seen a corsa ls at the scrap yard with a cigarette lighter. if i were to buy it how would i install in my corsa merit, any ideas????

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
First thing to do is to remove the blanking cover (or whatever cover is fitted in place of the cig lighter) in your car and have a look behind to see if the wires are already there. They *could* well be taped to a wiring loom nearby.

If so, all well and good. Could be a simple job of plug and play. You may well have to put a fuse in the fuse box, but the wires could already be live because of other equipment sharing the same supply.

If no wires present, then it's a bit more involved. ie, needing a switched live supply that is also fuse protected.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't have a cig lighter in my Corsa (don't smoke but I could do with it to charge my mobile phone).

When I took out the radio/ash tray recently I found that mine had the wires for the cig lighter taped to the rest of the loom, just need to get one from the scrappy.....

Karl

1 - 3 of 3 Posts