Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, got a 2011 insignia elite, 56000 miles, 2.0 diesel. Had a message on dash to check dipped beam on right hand light. Bulb OK replaced ballast and light came on and worked. Still got message on dash. Used car for 20 mins with lights working fine, dipped and main beam. Parked up at shop. Came out of shop started car no headlights at all, no movement of lights, checked fuses and all OK. Cornering lights working. DRLs working. Message on dash check left and check right lights. No headlights since. Any ideas, no code reader for fault codes. 馃槖

Registered
swap one thing at a time between lkhs and rhs,.. first ballast, and see if problem moves to other side. then bulb.. likewise

might want to start by disconnecting battery for 30 minutes to reset canbus system

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers _mocool will try battery disconnect tomorrow, will let you know what happens.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good morning, disconnected battery for an hour this morning, reconnected and still no headlights, main beam or dipped, no flash and now no cornering lights. Check dipped beam left light and check dipped beam right light coming up on on dash. Just don't understand why lights were working normally, park up for 5 mins restart car and lights don't work.馃槫

Registered
Tigra Twintop 1.8 AT Z18XE AF17
You would want to visual inspect BCM plugs for water intrusion and corrosion.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BCM is nice and dry. Would opcom point me in the right direction. Bought one from amazon but it didn't work so unsure of going down that road again. Is the bcm plug and play or does it need programming if changed.

Registered
Tigra Twintop 1.8 AT Z18XE AF17
Bcm is not plug&play and not using diag is like playing darts with closed eyes.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What reasonably priced diagnostic reader would you suggest using.
Ps I playdarts better with my eyes closed馃ぃ馃槄

I can supply a correctly configured OpCom or Vauxcom unit that will work with your car.
The alternative is buy a set of these:

Packaging and labeling Box Carton Plastic Liquid

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How much are the dice?? 馃ぃ馃槀馃ぃ
Just looking at icarsoft on utube because the insignia is going when I get the lights fixed. Could buy a different make. Will get back to you.

Premium Member
Did you by a genuine ballast? The cheap ones just don鈥檛 work with the xenon sand if they do they alway come up with fault codes. Genuine hella is the only way to go with these. Got mine on eBay for 拢120

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bought cheap one but why would that make both lights stop working??
I suppose this is what happens when you are a cheapskate.

Hi koicarpkeeper, have gone for the icarsoft reader, thanks for your post.

Is that the Bluetooth dongle thingy you link to your phone? Or one of the hand held readers?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hand held readers for all but japanese cars. Didn't want to rely on my crap laptop..sale price at the moment 拢175

1 - 15 of 15 Posts