Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

2015 Insignia 170 2.0cdti 27k miles

A couple of weeks ago the dash displayed adblue message with a adblue range of 611miles, I got a 10ltr tub of adblue from halfords, car took around 9 litres of it.. all was well.

Then after around 400 miles i had another adblue range message on the dash of 620miles, however this time with solid engine management light, i put 5ltrs of adblue in, (would have taken more but thats all the garage had) .. the adblue range message went, however engine management light still on.. the car still has full power and performance, i have checked the oil and water and all is good.

I got a local garage to read the error and it can up with P20E8-00 (Reductant Pressure Too Low), they cleared the code, engine management light went out, but within 2 miles it came back on.
Another 200 miles has been done since and adblue range message is up again with 618miles.

I have also noticed crystals at the tailpipe , very salty looking (picture attached).
Searching the forums for P20E8 seems to suggest that the adblue pump has failed, but it seems to me that the adblue pump is over running hence using lots of adblue.

Any advise on a resolve?

Attachments

·
Worn Out Member
8,242 Posts
Did you find the ad blu sticky ?
post 3 maybe

Reactions: andy_v

·
Worn Out Member
8,242 Posts
LOL no,it's a sticky thread to read,not a sticky exhaust pipe

·
Worn Out Member
8,242 Posts
This ?
The problem with this system is if the adblue injector sticks open or starts to crystalize it will damage both filters making it very expensive to replace,

Another tip if your having adblue problems, have a look at your tailipipe, if it has a thick white deposit or even has a white 'stalactite' dripping from the exhaust then you will probably find the adblue injector is stuck open.

Reactions: andy_v

·
Premium Member
15,738 Posts
Oh thats definitely a stuck injector or the system is permanently injecting urea. if your not to fussed you could just have an Adblue delete done, no more Adblue porblems,...

·
15,923 Posts
I see a few AdBlue delete kits on Aliexpress, wonder what they do?

·
Worn Out Member
8,242 Posts
I see a few AdBlue delete kits on Aliexpress, wonder what they do?
The ones i've seen look to be mainly for trucks,
one of the favourite things VOSA check for when they do roadside stops 👍

1 - 10 of 10 Posts