Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all. Got an ongoing issue as the title. Here's the dash...

...and here's OpCom...

(Sorry about the reflections - hard to get a clear shot in this blistering sunlight).

Anyway, as I was parked up at the time you may see some inconsistencies with the displayed speed sensor readings.

Further info - the previous owner had a rear-ender resulting in the TPMS module being duff, so I've replace that with the identical part number.

What could be happening here?

TIA.

·
Worn Out Member
8,242 Posts
If i'm reading the data correctly through the reflections
left rear tpms and right front wheel speed sensor so unlikely to be connected,
3 sensors reading 107kmh when parked,is that correct ?
system voltage 11.3v ,very low if correct
swap 2 wheels round and either program them back in if manual tpms
or go for a learn drive if auto tpms to see if the sensor fault moves with it

·
15,923 Posts
If you are using W10 press the Windows key, Shift key and S key at the same time. That opens the snipping tool that you can use to do screen grabs without reflections.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Valer -

Yep, 3 saying 107 km/h when parked.

Just checked again and the displayed voltage shows a constant 11.3v even with the engine running and 14.4v from the alternator - could this be a clue?

The non-working TP sensor (NSR) is one of 2 brand new replacements.

·
15,923 Posts
W7 has the snipping tool 🔧 too.

·
Worn Out Member
8,242 Posts
Something's certainly not right,what's the voltages across the battery with ignition off then with engine running.
What make sensors did you buy ?,some need setting up,others just need a learn drive.
Prior to carrying out a learn drive, the vehicle has to be left standing still for 20 minutes with ignition off
(sensors go into sleep mode)
Perform a learn drive of app. 10 minutes in a speed range between 25 to 60 mph.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Something's certainly not right,what's the voltages across the battery with ignition off then with engine running.
What make sensors did you buy ?,some need setting up,others just need a learn drive.
Prior to carrying out a learn drive, the vehicle has to be left standing still for 20 minutes with ignition off
(sensors go into sleep mode)
Perform a learn drive of app. 10 minutes in a speed range between 25 to 60 mph.
Ignition off = 12.84v
Ignition on = 14.46v

Sensors - 2 of these bad boys.

Just back from yet another relearn drive. No different I'm afraid. :(

·
Worn Out Member
8,242 Posts
I can't really help further with the sensors,personally i'd still swap the n/s/r for another,do alearn drive and see if the fault moves but if one has worked out of the box it may just be that the other is faulty,probably best to contact the seller for advice.
The voltage readings are ok when taken with a M/M IF the second reading is with the engine running and not just ignition on ?
have you done a full module scan for fault codes with your opcom ?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can't really help further with the sensors,personally i'd still swap the n/s/r for another,do alearn drive and see if the fault moves but if one has worked out of the box it may just be that the other is faulty,probably best to contact the seller for advice...
Yeah, I swapped the nsr (new sensor) and nsf (original sensor) before the relearn and the display hasn't altered. Before contacting the seller I might shell out for a relearn tool to try to kick it into action.

The voltage readings are ok when taken with a M/M IF the second reading is with the engine running and not just ignition on ?
Apologies - poorly worded. That 14.46v is with the engine running.

have you done a full module scan for fault codes with your opcom ?
I got;
U1522 - LIN Bus 2 Lost Communication with Device 2
(00) - Present

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not sure, but I think...

U1522 - LIN Bus 2 Lost Communication with Device 2
(00) - Present

...suggests a poor wiring connection somewhere? Assuming this to be true, should I back probe the TPMS module?

·
Worn Out Member
8,242 Posts
Just had a look through the wiring diagrams,i only have 2015/16 but it should be the same regardless of year,
i just can't exactly pin down "device2" although the tpms module is on one of the 3 LIN circuits,
i can't see how this ties in with the abs sensors though,i can't see a LIN connection the K17 EBCM at all.

Here's the TPMS module pinout
1-Earth
2-Run/Crank Ignition 1 Voltage
3-Linear Interconnect Network Bus 2
4-Not Occupied
Screenshot 2021-07-21 084144.png

·
Worn Out Member
8,242 Posts
Further looking comes up with this list for U5122.so no connection the EBCM issues

Screenshot 2021-07-21 101308.png

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Further looking comes up with this list for U5122.so no connection the EBCM issues...
Thanks for your input - much appreciated.

If I'm hearing you right, DTC U1522 has no effect on the tpms problem?

Does the 11.3v System voltage point to a possible BCM issue?

As you can see, I'm lost here and don't know where to go next! :unsure:

·
Worn Out Member
8,242 Posts
The linbus is only connected to the tpms so I think the U1522 is just to do with that.
The readings at the battery look ok so the reported voltage reading with opcom could be an issue,
just not sure where it's getting it from,the opcom could also be suspect,
i'd be trying a different opcom or scanner on it but it's difficult if you just have the one to try.
Have you tried the old battery disconnect for a hour trick yet,always worth a try

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Just dug a bit deeper - check out the number of cables (7) exiting through to the panel in front of the bumper -

Yet only 5 cables emerge from the other end of the loom...

Should I open the loom to see where they've gone or is this not relevant? :unsure:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The linbus is only connected to the tpms so I think the U1522 is just to do with that...
OK - you're saying that U1522 confirms no/poor communication with the TPMS, which would appear to be the root of the problem.

...The readings at the battery look ok so the reported voltage reading with opcom could be an issue,
just not sure where it's getting it from,the opcom could also be suspect,
i'd be trying a different opcom or scanner on it but it's difficult if you just have the one to try..
I'm using a fresh copy of 160115a supplied by @Koicarpkeeper which installed snag free at the first attempt, but I've also had the identical result with 131223d - same readings.

Have you tried the old battery disconnect for a hour trick yet,always worth a try...
Several times. No change, sadly. I also tried another re-learn which resulted in the TPMS losing contact with another sender...

And it's out of MOT... :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts