Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All
I've never got to the bottom of this issue and have just lived with it.The car has been so great in all other respects so i can forgive it and it won't put me off getting another one.

·
Registered
143 Posts
When I first bought mine, it really got on my T*ts.

After a while like I said, it really doesn't warrant paying so much for it to be replaced.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sorry for bumping an old thread. I had this issue on my car - the rev counter had a dark patch after the LEDs warmed up. There are cluster repair companies that will resolder all the LEDs for £200. The new LEDs are a bit bright, but they all work fine and I am very happy I spent the money. New cluster quotes were ludicrously high. Also be aware that aligning all the dials perfectly is difficult and that your temp gage might be a mm off 90 after the repair.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings from Greece. I have a 2011 insignia 1.6t and I have too a led problem with my cluster. The gas gauge has 2 leds and one of them it turns on and after a while it turns off. I would like to ask you if changing the led is going to fix the problem if anyone knows. I resolder the same smd led but the problem is not fixed. So I think chaing it. Thanks and sorry for the old thread.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
I had this a few years ago.
A member from here came to my place of work and replaced the lot with LEDS for £40
Took him 30 minutes
He done everything I just gave him the key.
Do a search he was a decent bloke.

·
Super Moderator
25,395 Posts
unilateral
Try to get in touch with a guy going by the name of unilateral.
He gets on the various Vauxhall forums.
He's your Man.
Search maybe?
I'm sat here in Sri Lanka bored on Holiday !
Good thing for Wifi lol
You slipped up then Micky , should have took that curvy bird from the accounts office instead of the Mrs lol :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All, I have a late 2010 Insignia Tourer, having covered 20k miles only, and have been very happy with it. But.......
today i visited my local main dealer Charles Warner in Lincoln, and asked them to look at why the speedo is only partially lit. Between 40 and 80 mph on the speedo is in darkness. I thought a new bulb, but no, a new bulb/LED is not available, a new complete instrument binnacle is the only remedy at a cost of £435 plus labour! Yes £435!!! Vauxhall, so far are refusing to admit any fault and so will not even "contribute" towards the cost. I intend to pursue this with Vauxhall, but I ask any other Insignia owners out there is this a problem to you too. Regards
Stuart Boyd, I drive a 59 SRI and have the same problem intermittently, mine has started to migrate to the fuel gauge as well ☹🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
21 - 35 of 35 Posts