Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Insignia none start help?

3K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  Sniggy2021 
#1 ·
I have a 2012 Insignia 2.0 CDTi which recently displayed a Fuel pressure fault code. I checked the wiring as suggested by the RAC man, as he seemed to think the pressure switch was new. I simply checked these for continuity across the top of the loom. Since putting the look back in place and reconnecting the leads, the car won't even turn over. When I turn the car to the start position, the relay seems to click, but won't turn over. There were no problems prior to this with the starting. Checked all Fuses 2 or 3 times now and earths etc.Even re-traced my steps back through the loom to make sure I hadn't mistakenly broken a wire or left something un plugged, but cannot see anything wrong.

Any clues anyone please?

#4 · (Edited)
No it's in the the UEC along with the starter fuse and lots of other fuses(under the bonnet)
do you have a multi meter to check battery and relay voltages ?

#6 ·
OK i'd check the battery is ok first,voltages static and then while attempting to crank
here's the relay and fuse positions and a simple starter power check by loadtesting,
but a m/m will at least let you know if there's any power there at all

Schematic Font Engineering Pattern Parallel
Rectangle Slope Triangle Font Parallel

#9 · (Edited)
Hi Valer, so I have tested as suggested.

Battery voltage is stable when cranking.
Pin 87 functions when power is added to it.
I have no voltage output across 85 and 86 however?
So it's cranking ok now or do you mean the battery voltage is ok when attempting to crank ?
did directly feeding 12v to pin 87 get it cranking over ?

#17 ·
I all, just to let you know I got it started. Been through all of the wiring, even UEC connections etc. and eventually found that it was the connectors inside the multiplug that connects to the Fuel rail pressure señsor that was providing a duff connection. Never come across it before, but all works now as it stands and no fault codes returned. Thanks all for the pointers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.