Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whilst driving the service vehicle now light came on and the power dipped for a few seconds. took it to my local garage who plugged it in and said it was a mass air flow sensor fault. he cleared the fault and said to leave it until it came back on.
day later it came back on so booked it in to be fixed.
it has since been to the garage and had the sensor fixed. on my route home the light came back on and the power dropped. once home we looked online for some help and it said to check the pipes, which on doing so have a hole in them which is obviously causing the fault.
however the garage havent checked the pipes only replaced the sensor which was showing on the diognostics.
do i have a leg to stand on here to say they should have checked the pipes before just replacing the sensor? as the sensor may not have needed doing just the pipes?

any help would be great before i get charged a lot more money!

·
"Red One.."
2,863 Posts
If the leak isn't large enough to have flagged a low boost code it certainly would have stored an air flow meter range/performance code, and in my view should be checked in a decent diagnostic.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Like said, check the pipe for leaks. Bosch MAF sensors really rarely go out, although it can happen :).

You can change the MAF sensor yourself if it is a problem, no need to go to the garage. The same is for the pipe if it has a leak. Both is a 2-minute job.

·
Registered
241 Posts
my wife has a Vauxhall Vectra elite est and the same thing and every time you cleared it the light came on again saying it was the air flow meter so took it to a diesel gararge and they said the same its the air flow meter so they changed it and would you believe it up it came again saying it was the air flow meter so I said well what do I do if aint the air flow meter they said they will send it back and its faulty so I left the car with them for 3 days trying to find the fault finallly they phoned to say they has sorted it when I went to collect it dreading the bill when asked what was the fault they said next to the radiator on the near side there is a block with about 8 wires going to it that was faulty they have changed it fine ever since

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
my wife has a Vauxhall Vectra elite est and the same thing and every time you cleared it the light came on again saying it was the air flow meter so took it to a diesel gararge and they said the same its the air flow meter so they changed it and would you believe it up it came again saying it was the air flow meter so I said well what do I do if aint the air flow meter they said they will send it back and its faulty so I left the car with them for 3 days trying to find the fault finallly they phoned to say they has sorted it when I went to collect it dreading the bill when asked what was the fault they said next to the radiator on the near side there is a block with about 8 wires going to it that was faulty they have changed it fine ever since
Hi ,

Any chance you could post o picture of that part with 8 wires ?
I have an insignia and I keep getting the same problem. Replace twice the MAF sensor and no good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts