Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Vauxhall insignia which is displaying the low oil pressure warning, is anyone on here local to the West Midlands and can sort out the diesel pump pick up seal for me? Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
What's the milage.?
Did you heard about the seal before?
When warning come up at first?

Just asking for the statistics lol

Avoid driving the car as you may do more damage to the engine.

About the garage, just go or ring couple of them and ask them if they heard anything about the oil pump seal on that car if they sound suspicious or you will notice that they don't know what they're on about than I would suggest to avoid them. Ask them if they know anything about 2 bolts being hidden inside the gearbox / flywheel.

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
Once you get the fault light extremely likely damage has already been done and bores are damaged which is showing pressure leakage.

Do not drive it, not even half a mile.
Get it towed. Join the Aa for a month etc if needed to get it to the garage.
Just wait 24hrs after joining.

Hope pump and seal will fix it.
Put your area up on here, you may get a member local to you that can recommend a particular garage near you.

·
Premium Member
15,173 Posts
Often this issue can cause serious engine damage, sometimes people live with the oil light appearing intermittently for ages. I'd personally have it done ASAP, if it was also an auto, cheaper fix too.

·
Registered
56 Posts
There is a good guide on how to fix this issue
It seems very common on the insignia and word is get it sorted before driving the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts