Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just taken delivery of a new Insignia Sports Tourer and I need to fit a towbar.
Question is where does the trailer module or wiring connect to?
I cant find a diagram or Haynes book to help, My old zafira had a socket in the rear fuse box into which i plugged the trailer module. I cant see a spare multiway socket in the back of the insignia, I will buy a dedicated module if i can I do intend to fit a westfalia detatchable bar soon, any advice drawings or useful info welcome. I know a recode (canbus) may be required..
PS i'm an electrician so tech talk and wires don't Phase me (no pun intended!)

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Hi

Did you ever sort this out? I have just bought an Insignia tourer and will be fitting a tow bar.

Many thanks

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hi there. If you can't find any info on this then do get in touch. I will sort out the electrics for you. I see your in Doncaster and I'm only in leeds. So wouldn't take much to meet up and sort out. But do let me know. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
@Matt-SRI fitted a towbar to his Insignia. I'm sure if you sent him a message he would be happy to help :)
He also wrote a tutorial in the thread. It's in the gallery under Matt's Insignia

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Just found this on ebay, check it out.
If your still struggling let me know and I'll fix you up.
Many thanks Paul

I bought a new detachable tow bar and dedicated wiring kit form Ebay for around £90.00 each. My son gave me a hand yesterday and all went well. The tow bar was easy and the electrics not too bad. Only problem was understanding the wiring instructions that came with it. Obviously to save printing in every language, there is virtually no text just pictures.

Thanks again for the offer.

Andy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All

I have fitted a PF JONES detachable towbar to my insignia estate which went fine but im struggling to find information on where to join the universal bypass relay into the cars wiring loom.

Can anyone help please.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts