Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to change the barrel on the drivers door so that if the remore ever packs up I am able to get into the car because the current key does not fit the door lock.
There are plenty of videos etc showing how to remove every other door handle but none showing the drivers door lock mechanism removal.

I manages to get everything removed apart from the panel that sits behind the door handle and door lock so any advice would be most welcome and appreciated.

·
Premium Member
12,521 Posts
I seem to remember something about either popping the cap off around the lock, or when you open the door there is a access hole inline with the handle to unscrew the handle then it just pulls out.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Having removed mine Monday I can say that this is so easy to do. Above the door close mechanism there should be a cap. Pop that off then inside there will be a torx screw. Unscrew this 20 odd times and the whole lock with plastic cover will pull out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the responses guys. I removed the plastic cap (prior to making this thread) and saw the screw that needs turning with a hand tool. I turned it with my power screwdriver until it fully came out. Do you think I have wrecked the chances of a successful removal or should I maybe try it with a screwdriver this time?

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Thank you for the responses guys. I removed the plastic cap (prior to making this thread) and saw the screw that needs turning with a hand tool. I turned it with my power screwdriver until it fully came out. Do you think I have wrecked the chances of a successful removal or should I maybe try it with a screwdriver this time?
I would use a screwdriver just in case

·
Worn Out Member
7,328 Posts
mmm,lots of warnings about only using a hand tool in the instructions,
hopefully you've not broken the bracket

1 - 7 of 7 Posts