Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just want a bit help. i have just bought a insignia 160 exclusive and have a tappet type noise. you can not here it stood at the front of the car or under the bonnet, it sounds like when a lifter is not filled with oil type of noise. it is not really noisey but has me worried. i can only here it when i am stood at the side of the car. ie drivers wing side etc.
i was told these engines are really bad and destruct for some reason because of oil pressure or something. someone could explain. just worred ticking or tapping could be bottom end. is there any checks i can do. i have no fault codes on my scanner.

·
Super Moderator
26,978 Posts
IMG_0689.JPG
Not trying to spook you but these engines can have problems . There's a oil seal that is prone to failing which causes the oil pressure to drop which causes the crankshafts to wear out prematurely , first signs are oil pressure light coming on followed by a loud knocking noise . Our taxi fleet runs Insignia diesels & 2 have had new engines fitted due to engine failure . It's about £700's worth of labour to get at the oil seal & replace if it needs doing . They also can suffer top end issues . How many miles as she got recorded?
This is the offending oil pick up seal , the sump has to be removed & gearbox split to gain access.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Maddogwhite ,did you ever find out what the noise was caused by ?. I have the same issue. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts