Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently bought a insignia with this message on the trip computer (no problem I thought) I’ll whip it off and clean it. When I took it off I realised it’s been smashed out so there’s no insides to the dpf. Ok no problem I’ll just drive it as it is but why is the computer telling me it’s full?

Does anyone have any ideas?

matt

Attachments

·
14,802 Posts
Because it's been bodged!
It should have had the DPD mapped out.
Now you have a big problem because your vehicle thinks it is still there and has calculated it is full.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But surely the car only knows if the dpf is full from back pressure to the sensor so with it being hollowed there should be no back pressure therefore why is it saying it’s full?

·
14,802 Posts
Because it is calculated and takes lots of things into account, not just the back pressure.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Weird because it’s put no codes up, just that message on trip computer. So if I put a fully functional dpf on what will happen? The message disappear?

·
14,802 Posts
If you do that you will need to use suitable diagnostic equipment to tell the ECU that you have fitted a new DPF.

·
Super Moderator
27,538 Posts
As Koi say’s it’s been bodged on the cheap , needs a full software delete for the DPF from the ECU.

Reactions: Boroboy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im well aware it’s been bodged 😂 was just hoping there was a way around it.
If the car was told there’s a new dpf fitted as it is would that not work?

·
Registered
2016 Insignia 2.0 cdti Elite Nav
29 Posts
Join the club my cars now been with the dealer longer than I've owned it.
Seems there's an awful lot of unscrupulous dealer/traders call them what you like that would sooner delete stuff in my case the NOx sensor and the EGR valve cause they don't want to incur the expense and pass it on to an unsuspecting buyer.
Am hoping to get a call tomorrow to say it's done that will be exactly two weeks and close to £1000 bill.

·
Super Moderator
27,538 Posts
Im well aware it’s been bodged 😂 was just hoping there was a way around it.
If the car was told there’s a new dpf fitted as it is would that not work?
Maybe not as you cannot be sure why the DPF was gutted in the first place , other than it's safe to say it was removed because of an issue & the previous owner couldn’t or wouldn’t pay for the work to sort it out.

Reactions: Boroboy

·
Premium Member
Astra K 1.4t auto SRI NAV
16,134 Posts
Weird because it’s put no codes up, just that message on trip computer. So if I put a fully functional dpf on what will happen? The message disappear?
I'm afraid it's not good news. The dpf was probably removed for a reason, then not mapped out correctly. It's also illegal now to remove one, as far as passing an mot goes.

·
Registered
43 Posts
P
Hi, I recently bought a insignia with this message on the trip computer (no problem I thought) I’ll whip it off and clean it. When I took it off I realised it’s been smashed out so there’s no insides to the dpf. Ok no problem I’ll just drive it as it is but why is the computer telling me it’s full?

Does anyone have any ideas?

matt
Probably going to need it coded out if you don't want it or have the DPF as a whole replaced and check if the sensors have been tampered with as well-in that case replace those as well. Check necessary sensors and replace if necessary OR you can just 'ignore' it but it may be an issue during MOT time for visual inspection and emissions-the car would probably be running rich in an attempt to heat up the supposed DPF resulting in poor economy and eventually you reducing the lifespan of your cats. This is gonna cause a lot of issues for you unfortunately...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts