Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I've owned several vauxhall cars over the years from my 1st car a £165 Vauxhall Nova, an antara, several ex police vectras, an insignia sports tourer, then a horrific misjudgement led me to buy a BMW X1 M-sport then as I had to give that vehicle back at very short notice 12months ago I bought a high high mileage 60 plate (Feb 2011 registered) insignia 2.0 cdti ecoflex 160 SE Nav.

Hevens knows why I felt the need to give a history of my previously owned cars so I apologise if everyone has stopped reading already lol.

So this insignia has full service history etc & I'm generally happy/understanding of when a car needs anything done. So I've had about 5 loss of power/limp mode Related to dpf system which has meant a few forced regenerations & 1 or 2 sensors needing replacing it got to the point of constantly fearing that 'service vehicle soon' message then.... No power. So that happened around 2wks ago & i think 1 or 2 fault codes where cleared by a friendly rac man. He didn't have an idea of why it had happened but power returned so that was that.

Few days later I have constant problems starting the car (which is 1 of the only things that hasn't ever been issue b4) it now takes a good 3 or 4 times to start every time and I have a few fault lights/messages coming on and off which are 'service vehicle soon' 'service stabilitrak' then the actual traction control light comes on, also the handbrake light comes on and off plus the engine sounds even more loud & rattling than usual.

I have an rac report with a good few fault codes which mainly are Glow plug 1, glow plug pressure sensor, boost pressure issue, & weirdly about 4 tyre pressure sensor fault codes.

Unfortunately for me this car is only going to be with me for 6weeks maximum now b4 either trade in (£2000 if I lucky) or webuyanycar offer (£1320) so I'd like it to work again for the next 6 weeks if possible but as you can imagine I'd rather not spend much more money on a car soon to be someone else's. So Apart from selling for spare/repair does anyone have any light they can please shed on the problems? If so myself & my 3 young children would be eternally greatful

·
13,909 Posts
You really need it plugged into a Vauxhall compatible fault code reader to see what is happening, otherwise it is all guesswork which can get very expensive. Something like OpCom or Vauxcom gives you near dealer level access and you could have probably bought your own kit for what it has cost you for forced regents. If that is something that interests you drop me a PM.

Reactions: MikeSW17

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Service stabiltrak and traction control light most likely ABS sensor on front wheels. Cheap fix to replace both. DPF issues could be related to split in the turbo boost hose (large one on the right hand side of engine), or do you do a lot of short journeys? If this the case then you won't be allowing regens to complete. Sounds like you need glow plugs changing hence the cold start issues. How high is the mileage? Known problems with bottom end seizing due to the oil pickup pipe seal in the sump hardening resulting in the bottom end being starved of oil. Likely cause is repeated regen failures resulting in the rubber seal perishing. If this happens it will be new engine or full engine rebuild.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi thanks for replies, erm I've managed to get regens done via rac or aa which was lucky (well apart from all the forced regens apparently causing the system to no longer try to regen even when parameters are perfect).

High miles as in 166500! Basically I've got an offer from webuyanycar for an amount that at moment I'd be happy with but unfortunately these few lights have decided to come on so can't even offload it to them even know they offer awful prices & try to squeeze even more off when u go to the appointment (I would never sell a faulty vehicle to a private individual as that's very unfair to pass my problems onto someone else). So unfortunately I appear stuffed unless there's any relatively cheap way of stopping dash messages coming on as then there's hope with we buy!

Looks like a few 100 quid scrap if I'm lucky then. Which is sad as there's a good amount of usable kit in the SE Nav spec

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also the glow plug issue is something I thought would be relatively cheap but it seems that my engine (the ecoflex version) needs a glow plug that has a pressure sensor attached so instead of £12-£15 they are close to £100 each, then the issue of most garages don't seem to want to take on changing glow plugs. Apart from vauxhall who quoted £180 supply & fit of 1 but they said usually it will need all 4 changing which quote was £580!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.