Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, so a very long and embarrassing story short my insignia ran out of petrol. I've put 1 jerry can in but it wont start. Im going to be putting another 2 jerry cans in it today but if it still doesn't start what else can i try? I know fuel is making it to the engine as i removed the fuel pipe connecting to the injection rail, turn the key and fuel came out. I need this sorting asap for Christmas. any help is greatly appreciated!

·
16,456 Posts
Any running issues before you ground to a halt?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no issues at all with the engine other than the infamous m32 gearbox. but thats a problem for another day.
Would it be beneficial to put easy start through it aswell?

·
Worn Out Member
8,600 Posts
Fingers crossed you haven't dragged a load of crap into the fuel rail & injectors,
no harm in trying a sniff of easy start or brake cleaner while cranking.

·
Worn Out Member
8,600 Posts
You may have blocked the in tank pump filter,fuel line or the pump could be knackered,
although you have fuel pressure it's might not be enough (50-60 psi)

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Have you tested for spark? lifting the ignition coil slowly off the plugs whilst cranking and listening for a popping sound works.

You're positive you've put the right fuel in?...it happens?

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
So you have clean injectors, fuel at the rail and spark.

if it didn't fire up on easy start I'd say fueling ain't your issue. Where the injectors actually blocked when you took them out?

·
"Red One.."
3,052 Posts
Did you run out of fuel, or has something else occured here that's giving the idea of fuel running out? If it didn't even try briefly running on easy start you're not looking fuelling itself. What does the engine sound like when it's spinning over? Hasn't snapped the timing belt has it?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts