Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

First time post so hi to all and thanks for having me.

I am a very happy Insignia owner having just bought a 2009 1.6 turbo petrol model. 2 owners from new, 30.000 miles. Engine is immaculate so I feel I got a bargain. Car runs absolutely fine with no problems if driven sedately, but if I put my foot to the floor, there's a bit of cough and splutter around both the 2.5k and 3.5krpm mark, where it seems like the car is running a bit rich. I tested this a few times initially and one time, the car lost a lot of power and seemed to suddenly be running on 3 cylinders/ had gone into limp mode. 'Service car immediately' message came up on dash. I pulled over, waited 5 mins, started the car and it's been fine ever since. Have done about 2k miles so far with no other issues. Problem is not quite as bad when car is warmed up but is still there.

Spoke to brother in law who knows more about turbos than I do and he reckons it's just the nature of the turbo and where it kicks in, especially as it's not high powered and it's pulling a heavy car in comparison. I've put some Redex in the past couple of top-ups as he suggested but it hasn't made much difference.

Based on the above, could it just be a natural thing with this model? Or is this due to how the car may have been 'run in' or could it be a simple matter of carb adjustment?
I still have a warranty for moving parts cover for the next few months so was wondering if I can get this looked at under that cover before it expires.

Thanks

Woody

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would start by replacing the plugs and giving it a good service.
Thanks. Apologies for delay in responding. It did have a service recently (at start of year) and according to the log book, spark plugs were changed as was oil and filter but will give it a go.

·
Super Moderator
14,917 Posts
wow, dont know i even missed this thread, so which one am i deleting, as there both the same, your choice, reply to any, or i can pick for you.

·
Super Moderator
14,917 Posts
i took it on my self to delete the other thread, cant wait forever for a response.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i took it on my self to delete the other thread, cant wait forever for a response.
Hi Andy, apologies for the delay in response. Thanks for deleting. Not sure how I managed to post twice but thanks for sorting it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts