Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
15,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Took the plastic engine cover off and spotted a problem.

The cover is wearing through the injector wiring.

I'm going to have to take the loom cloth tape off to see more.

Wonder if that's what's causing the idle dip?

·
15,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Tried looking at live data because @andyl asked if you can see injection deviation data. Unfortunately it doesn't, even on the 200603a version.

So tried capturing it when it stutters and as normal it behaved itself perfectly. In fact it's behaved since I took the plastic cover off.

So then used the Special Function option to turn each injector off in turn to see if there was a difference and they all behave the same.

Tried listening to the injectors with a spanner and they all sound the same, which I suppose they will until one drops out.

So thinking I can turn one injector off and listen to that one I tried that but they seem to turn themselves back on, with an error message.

Sure on a standard OpCom they used to turn off and stay off.

·
15,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The other thing @andyl suggested is to compare the resistance of each injector but I've left my multimeter at home 🏡 so no go on that till I get back.

Reactions: andyl

·
Premium Member
15,647 Posts
I would look at that wiring in more detail, especially if any moisture has got in there, also with the top cover removed the heat from the engine will dissipate quicker which may have an effect on the injector if the fault is down to an overheating solenoid.

·
15,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Its worse than the photo shows, it has cut into at least 2 wires. I think that's the next thing to look at in more detail.

The cover is in the back of the car now until I can cut a piece out of it.

I dont think it's an overheating issue because it did it this morning from a cold start.

Much prefer a few damaged wires than swapping out an injector.

·
15,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
ah, I misread your post as you were going to have to purchase an Opcom first. I was just suggesting to pull the plugs if you didn't have Opcom handy. Check your EGR is opening and closing with Opcom when you at it. If it's sticking open then you'll get rough idle? Either way, hope you work out what's up )
The EGR was checked yesterday too and everything in OpCom works as it should. Mine's blanked anyway but easy to look at it via measuring blocks on OpCom to make sure nothing is sticking.

Reactions: bar72

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi koi hopefully it’s just a wiring issue then. I can’t remember what reading I got from my injectors and no longer have the car to check for you. Did have it posted on another forum but that’s closed down now. They all had the same reading though. Good luck

·
Registered
Z12XE / Z19DT / B16DTH
369 Posts
I always toss the engine covers when I buy a Vauxhall. They usually always rattle when sitting at lights and can rub through looms when the rubber mounts wear out. I do the same with the belly pans, one less thing to remove when doing engine / gbox oil ;)

·
15,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Left the cover off and it's not missed a beat since. Going to order some loom tape so I can take off what's damaged then decide to put some liquid tape on the wires or replace each damaged part.

Reactions: baldrico
21 - 30 of 30 Posts