Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Worn Out Member
6,156 Posts
Yes it could have damaged a module,but there are the three specific fuses i listed that need confirming as ok either by replacement or confirming power both sides of the fuses,
they all play a part in the radio/audible warnings systems and just because the screen flicks on doesn't mean all is ok,
it's your car so it's up to you if you take advice or not

Reactions: Fred Bassett

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yes thank you I am taking your advice but as I said I’m no mechanic so will have to seek some help on that, I’ll let you know how it goes, again thank you.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Did you manage to resolve the issue with your entertainment system.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Did you manage to resolve the issue with your entertainment system.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
No not as yet, I’ve had it to two garages and there are no codes showing so they don’t know what to do other than suggest an auto electrician.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I don’t know if anyone is interested but as I said I disconnected and connected the battery on numerous occasions as this seemed to be the common advice, all to no avail. A week ago the new battery was flat, I put a smart charger on it, without disconnecting the battery and charged the battery. Car was fine for two days then went flat again so I put the smart charger on again. I put it on on Friday teatime and took it off on Saturday lunchtime about 1pm as I had a message to do, low and behold the radio, the indicator sound, seat belt warning lights, telephone all back on, that was over a week ago and all still ok. I have no idea how to explain any of this but if it helps anyone out there I’ll be happy.

·
Super Moderator
26,572 Posts
I don’t know if anyone is interested but as I said I disconnected and connected the battery on numerous occasions as this seemed to be the common advice, all to no avail. A week ago the new battery was flat, I put a smart charger on it, without disconnecting the battery and charged the battery. Car was fine for two days then went flat again so I put the smart charger on again. I put it on on Friday teatime and took it off on Saturday lunchtime about 1pm as I had a message to do, low and behold the radio, the indicator sound, seat belt warning lights, telephone all back on, that was over a week ago and all still ok. I have no idea how to explain any of this but if it helps anyone out there I’ll be happy.
Is the battery being drained when the cars not moved for a day or so?

Reactions: andy_v

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
No the battery was being drained when the car was in daily use. It would go two days then need charging but as I say it fixed itself and all is fine now. Radio, telephone all warning sounds on and the battery is staying fully charged.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts