Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Cavalier V6. The battery has been disconnected all the winter. I then reconnected today, and have a problem.

The left side indicators are constantly on with/without the key in the ignition. When inside the car, there was a ticking sound, even before I put the key in the ignition. I can indicate right, and the right ones work. If I put the hazard lights on, both left and right side are constantly on.

I then locked the car (central locking) and unlocked, and the ticking had stopped but the left side indicators are still on. I've disconnected the battery again, but wondering what's happened to cause the left ones to do this.

·
Premium Member
31,460 Posts
Welcome to VxON. Its either your hazard light switch, indicator stalk, the relay/, or just a poor connection to bulb. Check these items first then go from there. Sometimes just reseating connectoins will clear the problems up, especially if any damp/corrosion has formed. I would suggest cleaning all contacts before replugging. A quick spray of WD40 may help too.

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
probably be the relay if it is on all the time to be honest. located in your fuse box, forget the number but it will tell you in the handbook.

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
My mates had exactly the same problem only a few weeks ago- his Turbo had been parked in a barn for winter with battery off. It turned out to be damp in the standard alarm control box located behind the glovebos on the A pillar

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, really sorry for the late reply.

It's now gotten warmer here in Poland, all the snow has melted now, and I think it must have been due to moisture in the indicators, as they are now working perfectly :)

Although I'll try the indicator being left on when ignition is stopped to see if it does what it says on the Calibra post above!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts