Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

One of the mechanics I visited suggested I needed Vauxhall Astra Mk5 -Wiper/Indicator/Headlight Stal

• True

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • False

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have an Astra mk5 05 reg. Initially the left side indicators were flashing too quick compared to when you indicate the opposite side. I believe this was caused by the relay, this was a couple weeks ago. Now the front left indicator bulb doesn't work at all and the left front wing indicator permanently stays on...it's now a solid amber light. It stays on even when you take the keys off the ignition, forcing me to take off the terminal every time I'm parking up for longer periods. I changed the front left indicator hoping it wld solve the problem but it didn't. I don't know what to do now, any help will be much appreciated

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,948 Posts
Sure it wasn’t a failed bulb or bad contact on the side that was flashing out of rhythm?

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
It could be a fault with the indicator switch itself (causing it to stay on). It would be best to check for fault codes in case its something else. Have you replaced the relay or anything.

·
Worn Out Member
6,534 Posts
it's controlled from the CIM by can to the REC (or UEC)
i'd start by checking the bulbs (front and rear) are ok and have a check for any earths you can see
then disconnect the battery for 30 mins in case the modules just need a soft reset

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It could be a fault with the indicator switch itself (causing it to stay on). It would be best to check for fault codes in case its something else. Have you replaced the relay or anything.
Is it possible that the indicator switch can cause only one light to stay solid? And no I haven't replace the relay as of yet. I wanted to be sure before I can replace it

·
Worn Out Member
6,534 Posts
Is it possible that the indicator switch can cause only one light to stay solid? And no I haven't replace the relay as of yet. I wanted to be sure before I can replace it
In case you missed my previous post,

the indicators are controlled by the CIM via the REC and UEC
there is NO separate indicator switch and NO separate flasher relay,if you're happy the bulbs are ok check any earths then disconnect the battery for 30 mins in case the modules just need a soft reset

"The CIM control unit records 4 positions of the turn signal stalk in digital form. The turn signal stalk no longer
engages mechanically and instead returns to its initial position, even when the turn signals are switched on.
They are switched off either by the steering angle sensor or by moving the stalk in the opposite direction.
This information is transmitted by the CIM control unit via the LS CAN to the REC which then specifies the
flash frequency and the duty factor."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts