Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to the forum.
My son has a 53 plate Corsa SXI 1.2 and had a drivers side indicator failure. I have checked all of the bulbs - no issues. I have replaced the relay but no change. I swapped the BCM (next to the relay) with a friends car of same make/model etc and the indicators all worked! But it wouldn’t start so presume a new or different part would need recoding? If I purchased from E-Bay, can I get it reprogrammed in Or near Stafford? Any help would be appreciated. I have tried to look at previous threads but can’t see anything about businesses recoding. Thanks.

·
p0170
542 Posts
I look tomorrow for you one more question have you used a scan tool looked at data when using indicators functional test

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I look tomorrow for you one more question have you used a scan tool looked at data when using indicators functional test
Thank you for your help. No scans done as I do not have access to any tool like that, just some screwdrivers and the internet! lol Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Interesting post, my combo developed this problem again nearside this time, had the issue a couple years back but offside so replaced the yellow relay and sorted it, I've bought another relay so will put it in in the hope it will fix it, the indicators work but every so often it will miss a beat which sounds like a dirty contact in the relay also notice when I lock and unlock sometimes only one side lights up, my bcm has always got fault codes in it no matter how many times I clear them yet non are pending, the doors will randomly lock too, starting to think it might be going south.
Looks like I might have to dig out the opcom and program a new one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I started some research last night and it looks like I will need to find a garage with Op Com kit and software to reprogram a new BCM. Looks like you can buy it from E-Bay but not sure how easy it is to use. There seems to be enough stock of a used BCM units so I suppose I will need to find out if they can be reprogrammed at a garage near me? Anyone had any experience with a garage near Stafford or in Staffs?

·
Worn Out Member
6,437 Posts
A used BCM can be programmed to car as long as it's already been re-set or is supplied with it's security code so it can be fitted then re-set prior to programming,there are a few different ones used on the car so it's best to get one with the same part number as original.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A used BCM can be programmed to car as long as it's already been re-set or is supplied with it's security code so it can be fitted then re-set prior to programming,there are a few different ones used on the car so it's best to get one with the same part number as original.
Brilliant thanks for that. Makes sense now why I seen ones that say "Tech 2 Reset". I will make sure it is the same part numbers as well. Just need to find a place near Stafford that can do the work. Thanks

·
Worn Out Member
6,437 Posts
Your reg shows that the BCM fitted should be 13111111 ident YF,
but 13236032 ident FG or 13247085 ident BB will do as well

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Your reg shows that the BCM fitted should be 13111111 ident YF,
but 13236032 ident FG or 13247085 ident BB will do as well
Yes that's the one, seen plenty for sale of the same and found a few that are Tech 2 resets as well. Appreciate the help!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What colour was relay yellow
Yellow mate, purchased a new one just to be safe. My mate checked the voltage on it and power only coming from one side so I presume it is correct (As in only one relay and not the two) and it worked before all of these issues.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts