Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help needed guys I want to get rid of my sub and put a new set of 6x9s in the rear shelf.( already got some in custom shelf,saloon) And its inbetween these contenders. Vibe or kenwood??
The vibes are the rectangular ones not oval and are rated at 600watts.
The kenwood ones act as a sub rather strange I know,and they come with there own dedicated amp. Both items are on ebay.
Please help you guys the wife is just sayin get what you want!!!
For her sanity pls help:bananasmi

L

·
0 Posts
Erm... why are you getting rid of the sub???
Especially to replace with 6x9's!

If you must, get the Kenwood units, they act as small active subs and are quite effective (although not a patch on a decent sub).

L

·
0 Posts
:lmao: ok...

Replacing a sub with either of these is a step in the wrong direction, but each to their own...

The Vibe things are a comical waste of money.

The Kenwood units will do a reasonable job and will produce some bass.

The Vibe things will just mess up the soundstage (remember where you sit, this is where the music should be centred.) and figures like 600w peak are meaningless.

If I was spending money I would be looking at the headunit, or upgrading my nicely amped front components.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
please dont get rid of the sub??
if you want a change then sort your front comps out ( amp them or change the speakers )

of you MUST get rid then go for the kenwoods

L

·
0 Posts
Spud, you can choose to not to listen to me, but Laura (Japcav) is VERY knowledgeable on car audio.
If she says something, listen to it.

She also happens to supply some very good gear. :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have got a kenwood Kdc-w7031 head unit, directed front components with crossovers. Have also got two amps one running the sub and one running the two 6x9s but I feel as if something is missing.

L

·
0 Posts
Well to me, the "something missing" will be the amp to the front components! :)

I would use the amp that is powering the 6x9's to run the components.
The difference will be amazing! :)

The after market components will thrive off having a decent signal at last.
The headunit can not supply the power required by the components.

What sub and amp are you running?

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
agree with LB use the amp on the fronts and run the 6x9s from the h/u you will be amazed at the improvement
then if you are feeling realy brave junk the 6x9s and get a set of coaxils for the rear

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm on a budget so cant spend a lot of money. The amp running the xs 15inch sub is a splx item dont rate it very high and the other amp is a rallye. Like I said I cant afford alot so I gotta make do with what I can get lol.

L

·
0 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Now that aint bad might just look into that do you rate rockford amps?? My boss said he might have one lying round that I can have cheap.

L

·
0 Posts
Rockford Fosgate make some very good amps! :)

Let us know what amp it is when you find out and we can advise.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Unless you're showing, simple is best.

It sounds like you're adding bits to your system without any real plan, for the sake of it.
For quality, the best is the simplest. Amped, high passed fronts and a sub or subs in boot. You can run rear door speakers from the headunit, but they won't benefit listeners up-front.
Nothing on the parcel shelf. This will mess up sound stage.

It's all a personal thing, but the above is a well tried, proven way to get the best quality.

The JBL amp is, again, a well proven, decent quality, reliable piece of kit.

Rockford Fosgate made fantastic, powerful competition winning amps ('Landmine' series) in the 90's. Some say the quality dropped off later, but as I have one myself and am extremely pleased with it, I have to disagree!

You can pick up great bargains on Ebay. They're not cheap new.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts