Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to say the in-car video is done, it's just a question of how I host it. The file is 187MB in size. Quality is 640x480 @ 30FPS, duration is 12mins.

In the Video I take Club corner around 100mph, and Bridge complex at 90mph.

Hopefully I may have some hosting sorted by tomorrow, and people can watch this video.

·
6,336 Posts
I was going to offer to host it ... but 187Mb!:eh ... for 12 minutes ... pass :O

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
Dude... Make it smaller... 352x288 will do, it doesn't have to be HDTV spanking quality! :Cool2:
If people like it and want it in better quality, make a DVD.

I would host it when it's smaller but I used 2Gb of my bandwidth in about 6 hours when I hosted my 0-60 videos, that thing will just completely piss my ISP off! :lmao:

·
Premium Member
17,488 Posts
Jason
Goonas may be able to help!!
I can't host it, the file is jsut too big and will be grabbed too quickly, i.e. making my domain take up more than the % allowance on the shared server and probably end up with my account suspended. :(

·
6,336 Posts
make it 320x240, lower the frame rate to 24 or 25 ... and it'll go down to about 30-50meg depending on rates :up:

... I'd be happy to do that and host it for you? send me a disc with it on or give me a one time download link?

It's an option :up:

cheers
james

·
Banned
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's ok, I have 3 FTP accounts, i'm going to upload to all 3 and mirror it. The footage should be available from 10pm tonight. I'll reduce the quality as a last resort.

Steve, i used MicroSoft movie maker thats built into XP. I'm on 64bit Pro but should be in all versions.

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
It's ok, I have 3 FTP accounts, i'm going to upload to all 3 and mirror it. The footage should be available from 10pm tonight. I'll reduce the quality as a last resort.
That's alright for those on broadband! There are still people on dial-up/ISDN (about 45% of the population last I saw) and there's no way I'm going to have my PC sat there all night downloading for 12 minutes worth of video. :eh

I've had huge video's off the net like that and tbh, they're not much better than the smaller ones, for the sake of a bit of quality loss vs a huge file-size difference... :Cool2:

·
Premium Member
17,488 Posts
That's alright for those on broadband! There are still people on dial-up/ISDN (about 45% of the population last I saw) and there's no way I'm going to have my PC sat there all night downloading for 12 minutes worth of video. :eh

I've had huge video's off the net like that and tbh, they're not much better than the smaller ones, for the sake of a bit of quality loss vs a huge file-size difference... :Cool2:
Thats one less person to take into account Jason ;)

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts

·
Morris the Bullet Dodger
4,840 Posts
Nice video

who's was the Black Cav Turbo being driven like miss daisy that you overtook

I recognise it from somewhere

·
Banned
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That was Mark, however I would not call him that in person :eh When I realised Mark was in front I was prepared for a crazy race with my Ecotec trying to hold onto back of him. I followed Mark for maybe half a lap, I pushed into a couple of corners hoping he take the bait :p .

Mark kindly waved me past, then I started overtaking cars. From the speed of other cars I was certain we were under yellow, and was expecting to be black flagged.

Near the end of the session Mark did begin to catch, and went past when I slowed for what I thought was my in-lap.

·
Morris the Bullet Dodger
4,840 Posts
That was Mark, however I would not call him that in person :eh
I know, we had dinner together on he last RR :eh

He did not take the bait :bust:

·
6,336 Posts
nice clip :up:

could tell you were getting the hang of things by the end ... always the way innit, just finding the lines and using more and more of the track .. .as the session ends :lmao: :up:

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Cracking video Jason, you really were giving it some werent you! :eh

See what happens in the future, if I don't have to let my SRi go I'll have a go myself, very inspiring!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts