Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vivaro

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can any one help. Iv had to put a new key barrel in my 2003 vivaro. Iv brought a new barrel and keys. Fitted them but now my immobiler is on. My old key had a fob built on it but the new one dose not. But i still have the old ket fob. Dose any one kniw how to get the immobiler off. Iv tryed the push peddle turn key one. But with no luck. HELP PLEASE.

·
93 Carlton 2.0 Diamond Estate, 06 Vivaro 1.9 CDTi
1,153 Posts
As long as you haven't removed the immobilizer receiver from the steering column?
You can remove the key blade from the old key fob (after opening, lift plastic locking pin and slide out) and swop it with one of the new key blades.
If the key blades on the new ones are not removable, you could get a new blade only and get it cut to the new profile and fit it into the fob or even order a new fob shell and blade kit, get the blade cut to the new profile and fit the old circuit board into it, you then have a new looking key fob!;)
But what ever you do, you need the circuit board in a fob casing attached to a new key (profile) .

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi DKT1

Thanks for the reply. Iv had to remove the immobliser from the key barrel but did not disconnect it. Has i was trying to get my old barrel out. But cant at rge mo. As i cant get my key in it to help get it out. So what i did was. I disconnected the old barrel and plugged the new one in. Hoping this would work just to get me home. Do you know does the new barrel have to be in the rite place with the immobliser in place to. To work properly?? As i just had the new barrel hanging. Hoping it would of started and got me home.

·
93 Carlton 2.0 Diamond Estate, 06 Vivaro 1.9 CDTi
1,153 Posts
The new barrel doesn't actually have to be in place, but the immobiliser has to be plugged in and the old key fob has to be in close proximity to the centre (as in the position it would be in the original positions) so as to correctly read the key fob and send this to the cpu and allow the key barrel switching to correctly start the engine.
You could tape the old key fob on to the immobiliser unit whilst checking that the barrel is working and the immobiliser light goes out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts